I want to put HMF low mounts on but...

flfiremedic

Registered
Heard some horror stories about HMF low mounts and heat. Anyone had any problems? Do they bolt on or will I have to do any cutting

Can't vouch for the low mounts as I have the high mounts myself. Still, I imagine the mid-pipe and mount points would be the only difference. So, as far as the heat goes, yes, the front pipes do come really close to the plastic in places. Take your time and twist them to get them as close to the frame as possible. Then put the fairings on, feel up inside them to find all the places where it gets close, and put a ton of heat reflecting tape on the inside of the fairing. They don't send you nearly enough so I went to Home Depot and bought some more out of their furnace and ducting section. No melting problems whatsoever. I know there's another member here who just wrapped the whole pipe with exhaust tape all the way down to the crossover. Bottom line: just be careful and you'll be all right.

I know the high mounts came with brackets that bolted on. I imagine the low mounts probably have them too.

Back