I need a 'lil help/advice...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Here's the situation...i didn't have time to ride Oren Ishii for about a week prior to leaving for a 10 day white-tail hunt in alabama with my dad...so my busa has seen no riding in about 3 weeks...just got home yesterday...went to crank'er up this morning and she was barely chugg'in over..."CHECK"...came on the clock and a big red "d" came on my GiPro ATRE/Gearshift Indicator...so here's my questions....

?#1. Will I lose my custom tuned map in my PCIIIUSB if I disconect the battery?

?#2. Should I attemp to extract that custom map before disconnecting the battery? (as it's not "Fully Dead" yet)

?#3. The battery is an aftermarket species that was in the bike when i purchased my slightly used w/ 1,600 miles on the odo '03 busa about 2 years ago...so..should i attempt to recharge it or just go buy a new battery?

I'm many things mechanical but when it comes to electronics i'm a bit of a dork...and too lazy to look this shid up.
laugh.gif
so?..maybe a 'lil quick help here?...and if i need a new battery i'm thinking i'll go scour the shelves and x-over manuals at wallyworld first.

T.I.A. & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

oh and...PS.....I scored in alabama...175lb. buck.
biggrin.gif

Wish I could help (no pcIII onboard) but somebody should have an answer for you soon, Bill hang n there.

(JINKSTER @ Nov. 26 2006,08:53) Here's the situation...i didn't have time to ride Oren Ishii for about a week prior to leaving for a 10 day white-tail hunt in alabama with my dad...so my busa has seen no riding in about 3 weeks...just got home yesterday...went to crank'er up this morning and she was barely chugg'in over..."CHECK"...came on the clock and a big red "d" came on my GiPro ATRE/Gearshift Indicator...so here's my questions....

?#1. Will I lose my custom tuned map in my PCIIIUSB if I disconect the battery?

?#2. Should I attemp to extract that custom map before disconnecting the battery? (as it's not "Fully Dead" yet)

?#3. The battery is an aftermarket species that was in the bike when i purchased my slightly used w/ 1,600 miles on the odo '03 busa about 2 years ago...so..should i attempt to recharge it or just go buy a new battery?

I'm many things mechanical but when it comes to electronics i'm a bit of a dork...and too lazy to look this shid up.  
laugh.gif
so?..maybe a 'lil quick help here?...and if i need a new battery i'm thinking i'll go scour the shelves and x-over manuals at wallyworld first.

T.I.A. & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

oh and...PS.....I scored in alabama...175lb. buck.  
biggrin.gif
Can't help with the PC# Qs. How many points on that buck?

I believe the map will stay even if disconnecting the battery. Once it is loaded it will always be there.

Myself, a new battery. Two years is about all I go even in the car. It's the heat out here that tears car batteries up. After two years there just about done. (car)

runeight...

congrats on the kill
guns.gif
...had my first fresh venison last week and it was delicious!

Did you get a copy of the custom map before it was loaded? It should remain in the PC3 if you disconnect the battery, but I would try connecting it to a trickly charger overnight and see how it does.

Thanks folks...member Dakkine already swung by with his laptop and pulled the map out and emailed it too me...proof again that the members of this board rock!
biggrin.gif

Thanks again to all and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Yea jinks the map will stay... as far as your battery is concerned i just bought a battery tender and it seams to have saved my battery from replacement. Granted its only a year old though and your is two years old but its worth a shot...

original battery in the 03 gsxr 600 i got, of course it don't get the extreme heat of Arizona, but i do trickle charge every two weeks in the off season. and your map is your map until you change it and then it will be your map.
lurk.gif

Jink,

Wanted to add that you can buy a small solar panel charger at any auto store or even Walmart.

I use one with an adapter from China Shack. (converts cigarette lighter into two clamps)

I just put it in the window and let the sun keep a charge on it.

runeight...

103_0374paint.JPG

(JINKSTER @ Nov. 26 2006,06:53) I scored in alabama...175lb. buck.  
biggrin.gif
Bill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A 110 pound Alabama Doe is much better to cuddle with
zzwhip.gif

Back