I must be a Yoshimoron?

Scarabsport

Registered
Help! I got the Yosh TRC Ti full system on the '08 and it doesn't seem to fit real well but I think it must be me.

The header pipes wouldn't line up with the exhaust ports in the head very well so I loosened up the header pipes for #1 and #4, but the system came with the header pipes for 2 & 3 jammed on the collector and the balance tube was also jammed together so I couldn't get the collector off of #2 & #3 to loosen up the header pipes on 2 & 3 at all. I think I finally got it all to fit okay, I'll know when I go to start it, but the collector is actually lightly touching the crankcase on one side.

I am wondering if I should take the whole darn thing apart and beat on the collector some more (I was afraid I was going to dent the tubing when I was beating on the collector last night to get it off of 2 & 3) so I can mount the 4 header pipes on the ports independent of the collector rather than mounting the headers while they are still connected to the collector?

This is the 6th full system I've done, but I've never had this much trouble. All the other systems were Akras. If I am a Yoshimoron I can live with it because all the girls tell me I am moron anyway.

PICS, lets take a look bro!!!!!!!!!!!!
lurk.gif

Obviously you know what you're doing. Something is not right, for sure.

+1 on the pics!

I sold BigDiesel a Yosh highmount system that had some header problems. The tube spacing was wrong. Loosely fit the whole system together and then start tightening from header back.

I just put the R-77 full system on mine and had a hell of a time putting the headers on as well. I loosened the radiator and oil cooler to give me plenty of room to tug on those things. The two middle exhaust ports would not line up...Take your time and work in one at a time. I tried to line up all four, then two at a time and finally got it tugging each one into its sweet spot.
muscle.gif

i just installed 2 tri oval setups on 2 new 08's and they both went together fairly smoothly.. i was impressed with the newer quality yosh had to offer since i went with a stainless instead of ti like all my other systems i have had before...call yosh..be careful not to bend the tubes.. i used a heat gun since it was so cold outside to trial fit everything together before hand..oh by the way i also had mine ceramic coated black ..really happy

I couldn't find a full Ti system for my 08 busa ...I would love to know where you got it?...Its was not on yoshimuras site when I bought mine...I was considering yosh, brock and or akro...but no one had a full Ti system

Random comments: I got the system from Hard Racing but the whole system is not Ti, only the cannister. Will post pics when I take one and figure out how to do it..

I did finally get the whole system together and there are no leaks or anything but it still lightly touches the crankcase in one small spot. I wrote Yosh to ask them if the system should be disassembled completely before installation. No reply yet. One thing that is very clear is to leave all the bolts REALLY Loose as you work your way back, then go all the way to the front and start fitting and tightening. I am fairly certain the main problem is those middle two header pipes were a little off and that threw the whole system a little out alignment with the rest of the bike. If Acesmike had a similar issue with #2 & #3 it may be something folks should watch for. I wish Yosh would have shipped the system with the headers loosely slip fitted rather than jammed together.

Dropping the radiator does make all the difference.

Warchild's pic and instructions were invaluable in smoothly removing the fairings without damaging something.

Initially it sounded like there was a loose baffle in the muffler but it was actually a result of the little hole where the "low volume insert" fastener was.

WOW, what a difference the whole system makes. The all improvement throughout the rpm range is much greater than I ever had on any of my liter bikes, and all those liter bikes also had PC3s. Must be the O2 sensor doing its job. I am impressed with the change.

It also sounds really nice.

Even the GF said it now looks and sounds and looks like what a bike should look and sound like.

Back