I kinda regret getting a corvette.

JeffSyh

Registered
So we just got like 5 inchs of snow these past 2 days but I've had the car out a few time before the snow and man... our roads are way to rough driving around at 20-30km/h is not fun. Atleast with a bike you could dodge the potholes and bumps. The car is honestly just too low.

Maybe its time to get a boat instead lol.

So we just got like 5 inchs of snow these past 2 days but I've had the car out a few time before the snow and man... our roads are way to rough driving around at 20-30km/h is not fun. Atleast with a bike you could dodge the potholes and bumps. The car is honestly just too low.

Maybe its time to get a boat instead lol.
Same here about the roads....while at the dealership I saw a Charger SRT8 and it was really low....all I could envision was that big lower air dam being ripped up on the potholes and uneven pavement...

The roads are almost too crappy for my bike but I manage...

I've seen 2 new Corvettes running around here and they are very gentle with them......the roads around here are rough on 4x4 trucks even with the ground clearance I wince if I can't avoid the rough patches and pot holes....

There's more rough patches and pot holes than pavement it seems....

I miss my TT Z06 all the time.

96C09696-EF9F-40C4-86FE-F52B05EF3FCC.jpeg

Well I hate to retract my comment but doing a few roll races and the corvette is growing on me. The bike around here was honestly the fastest thing around and was kinda boring doing rolls with people (sask does not have very fast street legal race cars) the corvette you actually have to put in a bit of work shifting, grip etc. The cars and bikes around here are just to slow for a turbo bike. I honestly don't feel like I need a million hp anymore.

Well I hate to retract my comment but doing a few roll races and the corvette is growing on me. The bike around here was honestly the fastest thing around and was kinda boring doing rolls with people (sask does not have very fast street legal race cars) the corvette you actually have to put in a bit of work shifting, grip etc. The cars and bikes around here are just to slow for a turbo bike. I honestly don't feel like I need a million hp anymore.
When you have a turbo bike the itch for a stupid 1000hp car goes down.
For me at least...

Not often do I see the new generation Corvette around here but today I saw 4....

A white one with no stripes, a white one with red stripes, a blue on with black stripes and a red one...

The red one was down at the park where I was and I talked to the owner who is around my age......he said he regrets getting a red one as it stands out and is cop bait and he also regrets getting the exhaust because it is way too loud and he has a warning from the police for excessive noise already......he said he will probably put the stock system back on.

On the way home, I shuddered to think of these low cars navigating the very crappy pot hole riddled roads that bounces my truck around...

Not often do I see the new generation Corvette around here but today I saw 4....

A white one with no stripes, a white one with red stripes, a blue on with black stripes and a red one...

The red one was down at the park where I was and I talked to the owner who is around my age......he said he regrets getting a red one as it stands out and is cop bait and he also regrets getting the exhaust because it is way too loud and he has a warning from the police for excessive noise already......he said he will probably put the stock system back on.

On the way home, I shuddered to think of these low cars navigating the very crappy pot hole riddled roads that bounces my truck around...
Oddly the red corvette doesn't stand out around here or cops really care. It might sound crazy but Moose Jaw where I live is filled with old retired rich people and our car culture here is deep. It's actually crazy seeing these 50,000-1,000,000 dollars classics cruising around in the middle of no where. (But we have lots of super super rich retired farmers)

I'm on the process of getting exhaust and I finally found someone to tint it (guess its super hard) I'm kinda wishing I spent an extra 20,000 and got a c6 z06 though. By the time I do the diff, trans and clutch I'll be into the same as a z06 stock. Maybe next year.

Snapchat-998671029.jpg

Oddly the red corvette doesn't stand out around here or cops really care. It might sound crazy but Moose Jaw where I live is filled with old retired rich people and our culture here is deep. It's actually crazy seeing these 50,000-1,000,000 dollars classics cruising around in the middle of no where. (But we have lots of super super rich retired farmers)

I'm on the process of getting exhaust and I finally found someone to tint it (guess its super hard) I'm kinda wishing I spent an extra 20,000 and got a c6 z06 though. By the time I do the diff, trans and clutch I'll be into the same as a z06 stock. Maybe next year.

View attachment 1666927
This guy seems to get a lot of attention but I figure his very nasty, loud exhaust might have more to do with it than the color...

I still like that body style better than the new ones...

I recall ranchers like that in Medicine Hat....I was told if I go to the mall on a Saturday morning and see a bunch of old guys sitting at the food court wearing big belt buckles, they are the ranchers that leased out their ranches to other ranchers and oil companies...

The parking lot was filled with their very expensive trucks and a whole high end subdivision was made for them....

Back