I heard that Dynojets getting sued

I've been in Cali about 5 yrs now and I still dont understand where all the $$$ are going
dunno.gif
I just paid my property tax, $2285 then they send me a adjusted supplement bill for $484 and then another adjustment of $1739!
firedevil.gif
and this is X 1000 upon 1000's of propety and home owners along with fee's and taxes on everything, highest I think in the nation and yet Calif still has the biggest budget shortfall in history!
eek2.gif

I love the scenery here but 1 day I may have to move, or if things keep goin this way maybe I will qualify for all the free stuff illeagels get
flush.gif

I've been in Cali about 5 yrs now and I still dont understand where all the $$$ are going  
dunno.gif
   I just paid my property tax, $2285  then they send me a adjusted supplement bill for $484 and then another adjustment of $1739!
firedevil.gif
  and this is X 1000 upon 1000's of propety and home owners along with fee's and taxes on everything, highest I think in the nation and yet Calif still has the biggest budget shortfall in history!  
eek2.gif

I love the scenery here but 1 day I may have to move, or if things keep goin this way maybe I will qualify for all the free stuff illeagels get    
flush.gif
Cause your supplementing alot of needy lazy illegal people!

WHAT? I thought they would go after the USERs for that device.
Dynojet has deeper pockets.
yeah and easier to go after I guess. But still, if I were to install "Race Only" bright lamps for my car headlights, I would get fined for improper use on the street. they wouldn't go after the light maker, it was my decision...... how can they go after Dynojet? That's like banning guns thing when PEOPLE are the problem with improper use. Did they lie and say PC would not affect emmisions or something?

well at least CA got dealt a blow by the feds on the new emissions/mileage standards they wanted to impose on CA vehicles... When CA did things and we knew that 1 or 2 years later we would have to comply in AZ as well.... It "used" to be a good thing back when LA was buried under a layer of "smog" when you drove in over the hill... now it is about the $$ "BOGUS".....

Thank you for the Information, SEE LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.
Jon(Loomis),
Goverment still BLOWS though.
laugh.gif

isn't Air Pollution the same if its on the street or on a track , it's still Air Pollution
YES AND NO!  
tounge.gif

Yes, because a racebike/trackday bike w/the orig non-CARB approved PC will pollute just like a normal street bike. well, actually more because many racers do a lot more performance enhancing mods that alter or take away the bike's standard anti-smog capabilities, i.e. pair valve removal, exhausts...just to name a tiny few. That's why many, if not all, racebikes are considered non-street-legal machines.

But NO...because there aren't nearly as many race and trackday bikes as there are "everyday" motorcycles. Race and trackday riders account for less than 10% for the TOTAL motorcycle population. Hence, why trackday and racers are the top 10% FASTEST motorcyclist in the country. However, many non-track riding enthusiasts do use the non-CARB PC, alter mappings, add aftermarket exhausts, etc. That doesn't help CARB's "evil-empire" ways of making the world a "GREENER" place.

yeah but for a company like Dynojet, $1M is the equivalent of us cleaning and finding change in the couch...
True, but now that this has happened, where will it stop?  Are they going to start going after K&N, Two Brothers, etc...?  WHat about all of the turbo and nitrous manufacturers?  This battle probably should have been fought a bit more.
They can't cause most all of them have on the box that it is for offroad use only on most packages

damn im glad i live in tennessee!! we love to polute the ozone down here. we dont even have emissions testing but in 3 counties in the state. if you dont live in that county you dont get tested.
b.t.w get ready for the $$$$ of dynojets stuff to go up. but its still b.s. kind of like gas being $3-$4 a gallon but the oil companies with record breaking profits every quarter. i wonder what they pay in fines for helping polute the ozone?!?!?!?! (ha! ha!)

Could they cover their backsides by simply putting for off road use only. I'm sure racing cars and bikes don't have to pass the emission standards that vehicles meant for everyday use do. Are the emission devices on MotoGp bikes? What about Nascar or Top Fuel?

I think it's all going to get worse before it gets better folks. Arnold, the Republican we elected has been PW'd into a bleeding Demoncrat (yes, I spelled it right!) by the Kennedy he married. And, we support free medical and education and every other thing we can for the thousands of illegals in this state.

I gotta go, if I think about this too much more, I'm cashing out and leaving this state.
banghead.gif

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) announced recently that it concluded an investigation against Dynojet Research, Inc. At issue was the company's "Power Commander" that can be used to alter the air-fuel mixture and engine timing of on- and off-road motorcycles. CARB said that the installation of these devices would adversely affect the emissions control systems of vehicles that were certified by the original equipment manufacturers to comply with the agency's emissions standards. Dynojet has now certified a California version of the "Power Commander" and has agreed to pay $1,000,000 in penalties to the California Air Pollution Control Fund.
Thanks for the info Steve
thumb_up.gif
I did a little research and dynojet does offer an EX version of their pc for cali which has the lower rpm adjustments locked. I was kinda worried maybe somebody big was trying to shut DJ down
sad.gif
I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend tho, alot of times what cali starts spreads like a cancer
wowold.gif
I just worry that the aftermarket in general might come under attack
crazy.gif
Bikes contribute such an insignificant part to the pollution prob in general, I'm suprised cali's even bothering. It does kinda reek of a money grab
rock.gif

Some of you guys sounds unbelievable.... emission control is a good thing. Do you remember how bad old cars polluted? How stinky some of them were?

Have you ever been far away from big cities and enjoyed clean air?

I`m guilty for polluting air of that planet YOUR kids will be inhaling. I am running my Busa rich. I am driving big 400HP mofo V8 to work, just my azz, nothing else in it.
I will be doing this as far as it`s LEGAL. When it`s not,well, I`ll find another way to go fast.

Back