I have the personal right!

Re: I have the personal right!

Took me forever to get my dad to wear a helmet. Last Sept. it paid off. His blood sugar got low when he was riding home from a friends house and he blacked out. Needless to say when the road turned he did not. Hit a 6 ft deep ditch and got thrown about 25 ft into a tree. His head was split open from front to back but no brain injuries. He was in Trama unit for 3 weeks with busted up back, broken pelvis, arm broke and ripped out of socket, broken ribs and the list goes on. He just had the surgery to repair his arm and shoulder last month. The doctors said he is a walking miracle with all his injuries but if he hadnt had his helmet on he would be dead.

I keep hounding my friend, who is also an org. member, about gear. All the gear. He thinks a helmet and gloves are good enough. I will stay on him for the reasons shown above. Got another friend I also work with that rides a Hardly. He's a lost cause. Thinks one of those sgt. Shoultz beenie helmets is all he needs. :( Id rather sweat a little than bleed a lot
have found over the years that you can not "make" someone want to survive a crash in one piece.. I have found that it is a lot easier to just find someone else to ride with..

Helmet laws... get over it.... same people crying about them are praising the govt bail out at the same time... (they really are 1 in the same) The law would never affect me, but then again I work for a living.. :whistle:

Not that I would or would not wear a helmet. But the choice to or not to should be MINE and not the government's.

I’ll be, a vest and bandana won’t protect you at all…… who would of thunk it.

Back