I had to take pictures

IG.

Registered
Removed the air filter from the turbo for the first time - in order to clean it. What do I see in the opening? The exact part which makes all that boost - a tiny fan, about 2" diameter.

Didn't feel right to just leave it open overnight, so I stuck a piece of paper towel in there.

20150304_212215.jpg

20150304_212245.jpg

20150304_212426.jpg

20150304_212958.jpg

Just thought it was cool to actually be able to see it.

nice add on to have but i'd use a better filter if you want to keep the turbine blades in good shape...most of those K& N style filters offer good airflow but allow larger than normal dust particles through which over time will eat the leading edges of the blades.

nice add on to have but i'd use a better filter if you want to keep the turbine blades in good shape...most of those K& N style filters offer good airflow but allow larger than normal dust particles through which over time will eat the leading edges of the blades.

I would replace that filter with a new one. That would probably be the first money you put into the kit since you had it!
Igor, stop by, I have a better filter for that . . . :laugh:

Cool pic, Igor!

Thanks!

OK, Frank and Telboy, I cleaned/oiled the air filter yesterday using K&N kit although it wasn't too dirty, and the bike is now all zipped up. What's wrong with that air filter? I can see that it came with Hahn kit. Do you recommend to always replace the air filter and not bother with cleaning? Or the one from the kit is no good?

Frank, I actually put only 6k miles on a bike since you installed the turbo, but those were quality miles if you know what I mean.

Back