I had an idea about a year ago

its a sweet idea.
at our company we loan tools out all the time. we take a deposit for the tool the cost to replace it, via cc , but never process the charge unless they never bring it back. if the bring it back its free.

The whole reason that I posted this is seeing so many people trying to find a spare seat so they could send thiers to Tobin and end up having to go to ebay or some other source to buy a seat that they only need temporarily... I used to loan my tobin out to local guys who were interested in checking them out and putting a few seat miles in... Anyway, I think this would just make it easier to get someof that stuff done without the added expence....

(Wag @ Feb. 04 2007,08:25) Nice idea.  I like it.

--Wag--
I thought a couple of people might... ToyKraz actually got me thinking of it again when he was trying to find a second seat to get it done by Tobin....

Ladies and gents, I recieved the first donation to Da' Pool O' Parts
1 set of Mirrors courtesy of Sageronin!
So here is what I am thinking we should be on the lookout for:
At least one front seat
At least one rear seat
at least one full set of Inner fairings (to include kidneys)

If we get some parts built up, I will hold them for now, but I will actively be seeking out a Brother or Sister to take over the pool from me before the summer time. So, now that the pool has inventory - who's next. I need to work out some sort of online spreadsheet to keep track of all this stuff - but - who's with me?

Why don't we just send a couple of seats to Tobin himself and have him hold them? I order a seat with no exchange, Tobin makes it and ships it to me, I then ship my stocker to him. If I don't ship my stocker back, Tobin himself is out nothing. We could even set it up so that the buyer would have to leave a small deposit with the .Org until Tobin gets the stock seat back. Most buyers would probably just donate the money to .Org for saving them from having to ride with no seat.

-Randy

(300Busa @ Feb. 17 2007,21:42) Why don't we just send a couple of seats to Tobin himself and have him hold them?  I order a seat with no exchange, Tobin makes it and ships it to me, I then ship my stocker to him.  If I don't ship my stocker back, Tobin himself is out nothing.  We could even set it up so that the buyer would have to leave a small deposit with the .Org until Tobin gets the stock seat back.  Most buyers would probably just donate the money to .Org for saving them from having to ride with no seat.

-Randy
That could work, but then in addition to his business he would have to track our spares.... also, what if a couple of people order no exchange seats at the same time, counting on spares... not saying it couldn't work - it is definately a thought...

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 17 2007,21:51)
(300Busa @ Feb. 17 2007,21:42) Why don't we just send a couple of seats to Tobin himself and have him hold them?  I order a seat with no exchange, Tobin makes it and ships it to me, I then ship my stocker to him.  If I don't ship my stocker back, Tobin himself is out nothing.  We could even set it up so that the buyer would have to leave a small deposit with the .Org until Tobin gets the stock seat back.  Most buyers would probably just donate the money to .Org for saving them from having to ride with no seat.

-Randy
That could work, but then in addition to his business he would have to track our spares.... also, what if a couple of people order no exchange seats at the same time, counting on spares... not saying it couldn't work - it is definately a thought...
This would be the quickest way to get your seat made. You would be saving 3 days of shipping your stocker to Tobin right off the back. If we can get Tobin a handful of seats, I don't think we would run out of them. If for some reason he does, then the customer waits an extra couple of days for his Tobin seat to get done (all while he can still ride because he has his stocker on his bike still). Just make the security deposit to the .Org high enough to replace the loaner if it isn't returned. Yes, Tobin would have to keep track of the loaners that our out there and contact the .Org when he gets them back. That shouldn't be too much of a hassle for the business.....should it?

Or just donate the seats to tobin, have him hold the deposit on the seat. If he fails to get the seat back, he can just donate the deposit to .Org or buy a replacement with it.

-Randy

(300Busa @ Feb. 17 2007,22:04)
(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 17 2007,21:51)

-Randy
This would be the quickest way to get your seat made.  You would be saving 3 days of shipping your stocker to Tobin right off the back.  If we can get Tobin a handful of seats, I don't think we would run out of them.  If for some reason he does, then the customer waits an extra couple of days for his Tobin seat to get done (all while he can still ride because he has his stocker on his bike still).  Just make the security deposit to the .Org high enough to replace the loaner if it isn't returned.  Yes, Tobin would have to keep track of the loaners that our out there and contact the .Org when he gets them back.  That shouldn't be too much of a hassle for the business.....should it?  

Or just donate the seats to tobin, have him hold the deposit on the seat.  If he fails to get the seat back, he can just donate the deposit to .Org or buy a replacement with it.  

-Randy
Not abad idea actually. If we get a few guys to obligate seats... I'll get ahold of Tobin and discuss it with him...

beerchug.gif
so who has an old seat to donate? Doesn't have to be in good condition.

Back