I had an idea about a year ago

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
So, about a year ago, I was thinking about all the people who were getting Tobin's done and having thier inners (dash panels) painted and getting thier mirrors modded and I was thinking - man, it sucks that people have to go out and buy new stuff while they are waiting for thiers to come back to them so how does this sound?

What if we had a stock pile (okay - like one each) of a stock front seat, a stock rear seat, and a set of stock inners and kidneys so that when a person want's to send thiers in, they could get a "loaner" then send it back when thier get thier modded stuff done, or keep it until the next person needs it...

Anyway, this way, people wouldn't have to buy all new stuff, if they could wait for the loaners...

We could find a person to hold and track the items... again another facet of the .org co-op...

I have started on this a couple of times, but I ended up giving away 2 front and 2 rear seats, so I sort of gave up the idea...

But - what do you all think? Is this worth the time/effort? Is it feasable?

MCM

But what's in it for me
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

Great idea Shawn
tounge.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

The Honor system is the real problem, for those core members, the HONOR part would never be a problem, but I can see where a newbie could see the $$$ signs and take advantage of the ORGs generosity. The hard part would be finding the person willing to keep track of said inventory both coming and going.

Anyways, I'd have some parts. Except for the stock rear fender, I still have every original piece, I bought and altered all replacements.

I think most here would "cowboy up" just for the asking if they needed a loaner part.

I'm doing this and need that until this sorta thing.

runeight...

yes it would work until we get, and we would get someone that would just
disappear with the item.
even so, i think it is a great ideal and im for it.
i will donate money to buy extra seats or whatever part is needed.

I have stock exhaust, inners, cut stock under tail, chain guard, mirrors, and other misc parts will have all 3 stock rotors, rear sets,,,,,,,,, aw heck I'll have to make a list after I'm dome with my winter mods. I just may wind up with a spare bike!!!

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 03 2007,14:17) I have stock exhaust, inners, cut stock under tail, chain guard, mirrors, and other misc parts will have all 3 stock rotors, rear sets,,,,,,,,, aw heck I'll have to make a list after I'm dome with my winter mods. I just may wind up with a spare bike!!!
As far as a
newbie.gif
taking off with parts how bout we set a min post count to better keep track of things?

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 03 2007,13:19)
(05BusaLe @ Feb. 03 2007,14:17) I have stock exhaust, inners, cut stock under tail, chain guard, mirrors, and other misc parts will have all 3 stock rotors, rear sets,,,,,,,,, aw heck I'll have to make a list after I'm dome with my winter mods. I just may wind up with a spare bike!!!
As far as a
newbie.gif
taking off with parts how bout we set a min post count to better keep track of things?
Good idea.. This could work..

I like the idea.

Maybe we can ship the part(s) to a core member that lives near the noob and have said core member be responsible for the parts.

That would require a lot more effort but I have no doubt it can be done considering the quality of personnel we have access to here.

Keeping the books and tracking parts for this effort is easy.

I don't believe the post count is as reliable as it appears to be.

There are core members here that have been a member since 1800 B.C. but have a post count of miniscule amounts. Then you have core members here that have been a member for less than a year but their post count is ridiculously large. Some people have more to say than others.

I agree w/ the honor system. We need a lot of police (in various states) to enforce it though.

(Pops Roos @ Feb. 03 2007,14:30)
(05BusaLe @ Feb. 03 2007,13:19)
As far as a
newbie.gif
Good idea.. This could work..
Yeah cause a high post count is hard to get.
muscle.gif

We really need to think about who can use this and what the guidelines are.

(BiG-T @ Feb. 03 2007,14:41) Then you have core members here that have been a member for less than a year but their post count is ridiculously large. Some people have more to say than others.

I agree w/ the honor system. We need a lot of police (in various states) to enforce it though.
you talking about me
tounge.gif

this sounds like a good idea

hope it can all be worked out with guidelines as to not hurt the .org in any way.

Perhaps an inventory of parts and who has borrowed the item(s)can be posted so all could click on a link and see. Addresses can also be maintained and probably verified through a call back system.

Not full proof but a small deterent.

That is a very good idea!!!! I hope the honor system will hold up. There is always one bad seed that ruins things for others!! Very good idea though Shawn!!
beerchug.gif

I'll be the southern Missouri Police
guns.gif
. Good idea..I've got a spare set of mirrors...

Well, the way that I sort of saw this in my head is that we figure out what parts we are talking about - say a front and rear seat...
People could send them to a collecting point. Then when someone needs a seat, the holding member sends it to them. They get thier new seat back, and they ship the pool seat to the next person in line, or hold onto it if no one is waiting... this way, we aren't paying for multiple shipments back and forth. But I agree, an address is a must - we would have that from the shipment and it would require some tracking and administrative work. Sort of like the pay it forward thread, but as a loaner. We could mark the items some how and if this goes south at all we just send the items back to the original owners. So, is anyone interested in getting something like this started? Anyone volunteer to be the keeper of the pool?

Back