I fought the IRS..and lost.

Don't do it you make to much to deduct the interst. I can't even deduct the (close to) 250.00 in college application fees for my kid.

The whole thing is crazy. There is a real problem when the average person finds paying taxes confusing. Wouldn't it be simpler to simply have a flat tax or a national sales tax or something?

When the Liberal "porkulus" package was in the house the Republicans suggested a 5% across the board reduction in Income Tax for individuals and a reduction in Capital Gains of 10% for business (35% to 25%). This stimulates business and the consumer.

No, said Pelosi, Ried and other Liberal pinheads. Not an option. The "porkulus" bill stands as is. You can "hope for change" but it ain't gonna happen.

r8

Last edited:
Not true. Fought for one year with two options before me. When it gets to a Tax Advocate then the letters state seizing your house a choice has to be made.

1) Another $1000.00 with no guarantees of wining case.

2) IRS on tape saying will audit other years if I do so.

Just remember who the Liberals nominated for head of the IRS. Another pinhead.

r8

They will audit other years. Just wait and see. Did that to a close friend of mine. First the year in question, then the following two and the previous two after that.

Dude that royally sucks. I have only had one incident with the IRS and it really doesnt compare to yours but check this out.

When I married my current wife she came with a $3000.00 Irs Problem from her and her Ex husband, So we started making payments of $100.00 a month, Finally I just sent them the Payoff of $2,000.00 and low and behold next month I get another statement asking for the $100.00 monthly payment.

Called the Bank, Yep check was cashed.

Apparently the wife did not include her EXs SSN# on the check ( His name address and everything else but no SSN# so they cashed the check and placed it in a special account not knowing who it was for.

My question to them was this, You had the name and address, you couldnt look it up.

My thoughts, If this were a very small payment such as $20.00 and was not the final payment, Would I have even noticed it, and what if I didnt, Does the money stay in there specail account.

And then you have to listen to this pinhead.

r8

- Joe Biden: Wealthy Paying Higher Taxes Patriotic Thing To Do[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
They will audit other years. Just wait and see. Did that to a close friend of mine. First the year in question, then the following two and the previous two after that.

We are hoping not but you are correct thus the 10 grand in savings account. Next time I take it to court.

Like I stated in the first post..rolling the dice.

r8

Last edited:
Dude that royally sucks. I have only had one incident with the IRS and it really doesnt compare to yours but check this out.

When I married my current wife she came with a $3000.00 Irs Problem from her and her Ex husband, So we started making payments of $100.00 a month, Finally I just sent them the Payoff of $2,000.00 and low and behold next month I get another statement asking for the $100.00 monthly payment.

Called the Bank, Yep check was cashed.

Apparently the wife did not include her EXs SSN# on the check ( His name address and everything else but no SSN# so they cashed the check and placed it in a special account not knowing who it was for.

My question to them was this, You had the name and address, you couldnt look it up.

My thoughts, If this were a very small payment such as $20.00 and was not the final payment, Would I have even noticed it, and what if I didnt, Does the money stay in there specail account.

Yup.

In my case one person quits his job and is off the hook. Another works and gets threatned for a year.

r8

This is just the tip of the iceberg - they are going to squeeze every possible penny out of those who are working, and give it to those who are not. Get ready.

The IRS audited my dad one year (he came out clean). Next year they came back and audited him again (he was still clean). Third year when they tried to do it again, he told them he was gonna sue their ass off (audits are supposed to be random) and they haven't been back since.

But look at Ghentner and Rangel - how IRONIC

Last edited:
That sucks, hate to hear all of this.

And yes I am outraged at those politicians who do this and claim they forgot, it was an honest mistake, didn't realize I had to pay that, then skate with no penalties. So much for every man being created equal.

This is just the tip of the iceberg - they are going to squeeze every possible penny out of those who are working, and give it to those who are not. Get ready.

The IRS audited my dad one year (he came out clean). Next year they came back and audited him again (he was still clean). Third year when they tried to do it again, he told them he was gonna sue their ass off (audits are supposed to be random) and they haven't been back since.

But look at Ghentner and Rangel - how IRONIC

I will keep that in mind however this is a "Special IRS Audit Team" dealing only with the Transportation Industry.

Rolling the dice. Another audit and I'll take it to tax court and file a law suit.

r8

That sucks, hate to hear all of this.

And yes I am outraged at those politicians who do this and claim they forgot, it was an honest mistake, didn't realize I had to pay that, then skate with no penalties. So much for every man being created equal.

Here is what you must understand.

1) It's there IRS "code" in black and white.

2) They now interpret it differently. (gray area)

3) One person quits (2006) and is not held liable for taxes he owes.

4) Threat to audit other years.

5) Others get away with it and still nominated for position.

This is what frosts my azz.

r8

r8

Oh I understand it completely and I'm with you on this one. As for the politicians, when many of your voters in your base don't work and receive more back than what they pay in they don't care that someone failed to pay taxes as long as they get their check. The working man who is outraged by such acts is quickly becoming the minority

r8

If you're so mad about it then why give in? Get the best lawyer available and take it to court. You can't win by capitulation. ???

France can tell ya', capitulation don't work.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, like anything government, the IRS moves slow and clumsily bumbling around. I received a return one year, filed in February, got my return by April. Then, the NEXT year, I'm filing my return again, and I get something in the mail saying I had been audited for the last year and I owed more money and it was DUE IN 10 DAYS.

GEEZ, how am I supposed to come up with that money in 10 days, you had an ENTIRE YEAR IRS to find and inform me of the error, but I get 10 DAYS to pay it back or face HUGE FINES.

To top it off, I was getting ANOTHER refund (about to turn it in when I got the mailer) I called and asked them If I could just deduct the amount I owed from the year before from the refund and they could give me the difference back.

Nope! I have to take out a loan to pay them, then wait for my LARGER refund check to come back to me later.

My situation is different than yours r8 (sorry you're getting screwed) because I had an ACTUAL error, MY FAULT, (missed some income on a 1099 that I didn't keep track of) and I owned up and paid it, but WOW the PROCESS!

HAHA, one side note, I sent in that check for $X,XXX.00 and I actually owed $X,XXX.23.

They sent me a letter saying that I actually owed the 23 cents but they would be nice and consider it settled!!! I wanted to write I check for the .23 cents and mail it to them, but the stamp cost more.

If you're so mad about it then why give in? Get the best lawyer available and take it to court. You can't win by capitulation. ???

France can tell ya', capitulation don't work.

I feel you don't understand fully the process. This is and was a no win situation in the eyes of the IRS.

Tax Court was a minimum of $1000.00 just to file. I cut my losses and hope for no more audits.

If I do get another audit you can bet I'll fight it to the top.

It's over now but thanks for the comments. :beerchug: I'm just glad I had the funds to pay them. Can you imagine payments?

r8

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that John :banghead:

Look at the bright side though, you can pay that with just an afternoon at work. :whistle::laugh:

I'll have to cancel our little "get away" sweetie. Maybe next year when Sam goes out of town.

Goes around huh? Just got a profit sharing check today for $6409.70 net. :laugh:

Now where is my rebate check Obobo?

r8

Last edited:
You didn't lose against the IRS... You gave up. ???

That's how they work, they over power you. Hey anybody out there think we live in a free country? Don't pay your taxes and find out what happens, they sieze your home, your bank accounts...everything. Then they put you in jail and you are still responsibile for the balance of whatever is owed when you get out.

They screwed up and came after me twenty years ago, but the Honorable Strom Thurmond put a stop to it with one letter. ...

That's how they work, they over power you. Hey anybody out there think we live in a free country? Don't pay your taxes and find out what happens, they sieze your home, your bank accounts...everything. Then they put you in jail and you are still responsibile for the balance of whatever is owed when you get out.

Could not agree more. :beerchug:

Just think. The head of the most powerful Government body, the IRS, tried to slide on his and still paid no penalties. It was a mistake.

Liberal Goverment at it's best.

r8

Back