I feel my 07 busa is running really rich

calicarlos619

Registered
Its backfiring when Im decelerating and i feel like it's using more gas than usual. What shall I do? I would like to fix it myslef if possible thanks.

Did you add any after market products like an exhaust? Did you remove any stock components, like the PAIR valve?

I threw straight pipes on there, but it was doing it before with the stock pipes. Also, i bought it four months and after a month i changed the spark plugs (which looked really bad) and the air filter looked like the original and it had no more filter on it so i changed that also. Its all stock other than the pipes and it has 23,000 miles

Straight pipes will almost always cause popping on decel. I would block the pair valve if i was you and see how that works. The PAIR injects fresh air into the exhaust which causes the popping you hear which is unburnt fuel igniting in your exhaust. So this is where i would start. Try this and if its still popping let us know :beerchug: But i would doubt your running to rich if exhaust is all youve changed if anything youd be running to lean.

Yes it will....Also the straight pipes will take down your over all HP unless you are running a Turbo...? Also check your pwer commander if you are running one.

Straight pipes will almost always cause popping on decel. I would block the pair valve if i was you and see how that works. The PAIR injects fresh air into the exhaust which causes the popping you hear which is unburnt fuel igniting in your exhaust. So this is where i would start. Try this and if its still popping let us know :beerchug: But i would doubt your running to rich if exhaust is all youve changed if anything youd be running to lean.

Back