I am on the fence

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 25 2007,21:04) Keep the old one, heck its almost paid for!!!!!!
could not agree more!!

That color is awesome and one of my favorites. Sageronin has one also that is just "sweet" as he!!.

Keep this one..

runeight...

Keep all your aftermarket stuff trade the bike in get the last year off a legacy with proven technology start saving for the new model a couple years down the road. That's where I am at. Good luck beautiful bike.

Here's my 0.02ct
Keep your '02 and put the money into maintenance on it then pay it off. Now you have a bike with no payments and is worth at least $5000. Wait until we hear what Suzuki is going to do for '08 because you might not like what they do if they do anything at all. If you still want the all black'07 it will be cheaper later in the year when dealerships are trying to get them off their floor to make room for '08's once word of the '08 come out.
If all else fails be happy with what you got and just ride!

(1 BAD 2K @ Jan. 26 2007,07:10) Here's my 0.02ct
Keep your '02 and put the money into maintenance on it then pay it off. Now you have a bike with no payments and is worth at least $5000. Wait until we hear what Suzuki is going to do for '08 because you might not like what they do if they do anything at all. If you still want the all black'07 it will be cheaper later in the year when dealerships are trying to get them off their floor to make room for '08's once word of the '08 come out.
+1

(1 BAD 2K @ Jan. 26 2007,07:10) Here's my 0.02ct
+2

25K is nothing! It still has another 25K + left in it if you take care of her.
You can always sell it later if you want. And, you've already done the mods on this one.

I must say Run, I have almost 30000 on my 02, and the maintance is always there, you know, breaks, tires, nos, and what not. But as you said, your,s is almost paid for, and I agree wih you about the 08,s probably gonna be a lil differant, SO, I say keep your,s this season, and then make your decision.

Well I am back on here tonight and just read what you all had to say. This is why I love this board so many good opinions on here. But I just wanna say a couple things.....

I know the maintenance always is there. And I don't MIND maintenance at all. I take EXCELLENT care of my baby. I even keep a log book showing the mileage that every mod was done, all prior problems down to the smallest with dates and times they occurred plus what the solutions were, and even part numbers for things that were ordered for her. I love to get in the garage and wrench on her maintenance. I won't mess with valve adjustments though that intimidates me a little. But all the maintenance and modding has been chose and done by yours truely. I was just saying if I was gonna do the 07 it would be a plus side cuz I'd get out of the new tires and valve job.

Also I had showed the bike to the dealer prior to this about 3 weeks ago when I was tossing out the notion and he offered me 5900$ for my trade in. I was okay with that. That still left me about five grand to put down on the new one. I guess it pays to keep your bike in good shape huh? haha

I wanna thank you guys for all your opinions and advice and I wanna share my decision as well.....

Today after lots of pondering all day at work and thinking about what I was gonna do I was really bothered. As I came home tonight and raised the garage door it all came to me. I got out of the car and looked over at my beautifull baby and got really sentimental. She was sitting there all hooked up to the battery tender clean and shiny just waiting for winter to be over with. I began to think back to all the good times, sweet rides, and adrenaline rushes we have shared. I told myself this bike has been nothing but good to you for three straight years. You have ran her hard and she has only asked for more. No maintenance issues and looks to kill. She's my first street bike and I have decided I can't get rid of her.

New bikes are awesome.....and that feeling of rolling off with 0 miles is great but 07 or not I can't get rid of her. I am going to give her fresh rubber, adjust them valves, and spend another season of sweet Busa bliss together.

Thanks a lot though your opinions helped me decide a great deal as well.

(runeight @ Jan. 25 2007,19:flamethrowing:)
(Wag @ Jan. 25 2007,20:26) Ride on, man. Ride on. I have 30,000 on mine. Charles has over 50,000 on his. The maintenance just doesn't go away.

However, it sounds like you really want the new 07 and you're just trying to talk yourself into it. If that's really the case, then I think you kno what you're going to do!

--Wag--
30,000 wag? Yeah, rear tire and wheel look like it!

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
Wag here's a pic of my dirty rear
laugh.gif

DSC00379__Small_.JPG

laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Jan. 26 2007,21:00)
(runeight @ Jan. 25 2007,19
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(Wag @ Jan. 25 2007,20:26) Ride on, man. Ride on. I have 30,000 on mine. Charles has over 50,000 on his. The maintenance just doesn't go away.

However, it sounds like you really want the new 07 and you're just trying to talk yourself into it. If that's really the case, then I think you kno what you're going to do!

--Wag--
30,000 wag? Yeah, rear tire and wheel look like it!

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
Wag here's a pic of my dirty rear
laugh.gif
SHOCKED.gif
poke.gif

DSC00378__Small_.JPG

laugh.gif

Back