I am on the fence

busa_boy_69

Registered
Hello Busa Brothers. I know it has been a while since I have posted on the board and I must apologize. I actually have a real job now and don't get to sit on the internet at work anymore. haha. But I am always peeking on here when I get a chance. I have however came upon a serious dilemma.

As you all know the 07's are here now and there is an ALL black one similiar to the 02 limited edition. The 02 was my favorite busa to date. I was in love with it. However I could not afford one for a couple years after it was out. I took a leftover 03. Now I am in no way unhappy with my bike and I have it tricked out just how I want it. But here is the thing.....

My bike now has 25k miles on it. Which is not a TON but for a bike thats a decent amount. It is due for a new set of tires AND a valve adjustment at the start of this next season. I also only owe 1,000 dollars on it as of now. So my thinking is the tires and adjustment are an easy 550$ dollars alone. So I could trade my bike in and have about 5 grand in cash to put down on the new one and get the all black that I like and zero miles. I am so on the fence though. PLUS I would hate to do it now because I really feel this bike is due for an update next year and I might regret it bigtime.

What do you guys think I should do? Adjust my valves and ride on or get a new one? Here is a picture of her as she sits right now to help your opinions. HELP HELP HELP I need to be peer pressured. haha

Busa.org_pic4.JPG

Your bike looks great. I don't wanna rain on your parade, but do you honestly think a dealer will give you $5000 for her? Or am I misunderstanding?

I saw a quote recently of $7500 for an 06 trade-in with only a few hundred miles on her.

Perhaps you should consider selling her and have the cash in hand for the dealer.

Ride on, man. Ride on. I have 30,000 on mine. Charles has over 50,000 on his. The maintenance just doesn't go away.

However, it sounds like you really want the new 07 and you're just trying to talk yourself into it. If that's really the case, then I think you kno what you're going to do!

--Wag--

Keep the old one and buy a new one for a stable mate
super.gif

You going to Cleveland this weekend?

(Wag @ Jan. 25 2007,20:26) Ride on, man.  Ride on.  I have 30,000 on mine.  Charles has over 50,000 on his.  The maintenance just doesn't go away.

However, it sounds like you really want the new 07 and you're just trying to talk yourself into it.  If that's really the case, then I think you kno what you're going to do!

--Wag--
30,000 wag? Yeah, rear tire and wheel look like it!

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

post_24_69262_Bolt__Medium_.jpg

(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 25 2007,19:30) Keep the old one and buy a new one for a stable mate
super.gif

I wish I could! I am going to school and on apprentice wages right now though. One pony in the stable is all I can afford. Whats going on in Cleveland?

You should be able to get nearly 6 K for yours private sale.

Get the new bike.

That black on black is the sweetest one yet.

(busa_boy_69 @ Jan. 25 2007,22:57)
(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 25 2007,19:30) Keep the old one and buy a new one for a stable mate
super.gif

I wish I could! I am going to school and on apprentice wages right now though. One pony in the stable is all I can afford. Whats going on in Cleveland?
International Bike show
super.gif

super.gif

lurk.gif
runeight; purdy..........................................Post Jacker !!

Now, back to this post. It sounds like you like the look of the '07. I do too, it's awesome. I wouldn't put all my eggs in the '08 basket either. Besides for a little green several guys on this site will mod you past the '08. M2C.

Good Luck
beerchug.gif

If you are also expecting a change for 2008, you better sale your bike now. Because as soon as they say the all new mightier Busa will be in stores soon, you will see a flood of Busa's for sale and the market for a used Busa will be a buyer's market not a sellers market for used bikes. Meaning you just lost another grand and the '08 will be holding their MSRP.

i would sell it and get the one you wanted. i would wait to see what the 08 offered.

(dadofthree @ Jan. 25 2007,21:03)
lurk.gif
runeight; purdy..........................................Post Jacker !!

Now, back to this post. It sounds like you like the look of the '07. I do too, it's awesome. I wouldn't put all my eggs in the '08 basket either. Besides for a little green several guys on this site will mod you past the '08. M2C.

Good Luck  
beerchug.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Back