Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrids '05 HyboOsa build

Hybrid1300R

Registered
Ok guys n gals,

I traded my 929 streetfighter for a bobbed 05 busa. Here she is:

boosa1.jpg

boosa2.jpg

boosa3.jpg

boosa4.jpg

boosa5.jpg

boosa6.jpg

here is a crappy photochop of some possible plans.

636boosa2.jpg

Drilled the bolts out for the ignition on the top clamp and removed the ignition. then I cut the loop off the top of the ignition, made a bracket, and mounted the aftermarket acewell guage there.

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0860.jpg

Then i moved the ignition down beside the sprocket cover. The coolant bottle will be the next thing I do, I will replace it with an aluminum bottle of some kind.

DSCN0862.jpg

Here is the 636 tail that I am planning to get Randy @ RS Custom Works to help me get fabbed to the bike soon.

DSCN0864.jpg

DSCN0865.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

Did a little chopping on the subby so I could mock it up.

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

But it will go a little different way. only big change will be the headlight and the exhaust. I found the headlight on ebay and the Boz Bros pipe at Roaring Toyz:

DSCN0919.jpg

DSCN0920.jpg

Pipe1.jpg

Pipe2.jpg

a little cleaning up, and it should be a nice pipe, but now I have to get me a power commander, shoot, there goes more money!!

Thats it for now, I will update it after I get the subby fabbed up.

Questions, comments? feel free!!

Id drop the tail and mount the light alittle higher and call it good. I like the streetfighter look.

i think you re onto something here... keep us posted

i really like the looks of some of the streetfighter busa's. if i ever killed my bodywork in a wreck and the frame, engine, and forks were still good...i think that is what i would do with it...well, if i didnt have full insurance or want to claim it that is.

Just don't drive it without the tail.....you'll fall off. :laugh:

I'd keep it dressed in the zx6 skins...talk about a wolf in sheeps clothing!:whistle:

wow....uhm....how much trimming did you do w/that Conan-sword you left in the garage? :laugh:

To each his own-Im sure you'll have lots of fun w/that bike when its finished.:beerchug:

A update ladies and gents.

Just scored a couple of things off ebay, $100 for both, I think that was a deal.

First off we have a Front Brake Master Cylinder for a 04 05 CBR 1000

Clutch2.jpg

Clutch3.jpg

Clutch1.jpg

Then we have a matching Clutch Master Cylinder from a 04 05 CBR 1000:

Master2.jpg

Master1.jpg

These should clean up the bars a bit and help me get rid of those ugly block boOsa Master cylinders. Next up is some Stainless brake lines.

And a set of these for $25

Levers.jpg

I like the shorty Pazzo's it has on it right now, but I cannot afford to put pazzo's back on the CBR cylinders right now. So, the shorty pazzo's are up for sale if anyone wants to PM me an offer.

Got a chance to D some W!!! Had time to do some polishing on the unpolished stainless steel header.

Before:

DSCN1127.jpg

After:

DSCN1128.jpg

Pics of the custom Subframe are to come.

would look nasty as is but with low clip ons :beerchug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom