How would you handle this?

Lawyer up man. I hope you at least got a signed bill of sale for the transaction signed by both of you showing the purchase amount and the bike with VIN #. Without that you have no leg to stand on.

Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

you bought a bike from a guy living in another state.....w/o the title?

what is wrong with you?

Sure, this guy should not have tried to sell something he didn't own.....but you didn't have to buy it.

you can take him to small claims court, but if he cannot pay the Credit Union to get the title, he is not going to have the money to pay you back....

does he own anything of value? if he owns a house or property you can lien that.

Here's the situation... You buy a bike from a guy you think is kosher (friend of friends), try and make the deal as convenient as possible (pay cash), drive three hours to get the bike only to find it registered in another state (unaware added costs)... Well i get through all that butttt, three months of owning the bike and the transmission starts to go and not only that but now 5 months of owning the bike and the bank still has the title (me no title). Excuse after excuse until now no response (flatline_____). Since i'm in another state getting @ this person is a mission. WWYD? :firing:

Not knocking you but you have one issue that is very much the sellers issue and one issue that is very much your problem. Here's the thing with buying used products, its a mixed bag. If you buy something and down the road it breaks well that is the gamble you took buying something less then new with a warranty, unfortunately that transmission problem you have is your problem.

The 2nd issue however is a problem for the seller, I would threaten legal action.

Not that this is any help to you but, I once travelled 9hrs (one way) in a train to buy the bike of my dreams based on internet pics and his word of pristine condition. I got there it was a piece of junk & not as described. I didn't say a word to him when I saw it, I just turned & walked away, shoulda seen his jaw drop as I walked ... thats wat u should have done when the deal wasn't rite ! still sorry to hear, I hope it is a happy outcome, we all make mistakes :thumbsup:

Not that this is any help to you but, I once travelled 9hrs (one way) in a train to buy the bike of my dreams based on internet pics and his word of pristine condition. I got there it was a piece of junk & not as described. I didn't say a word to him when I saw it, I just turned & walked away, shoulda seen his jaw drop as I walked ... thats wat u should have done when the deal wasn't rite ! still sorry to hear, I hope it is a happy outcome, we all make mistakes :thumbsup:

totally agree! hind sight is 20/20. my day in court is coming. he's getting served. too bad that even people you know or thought you knew can do this type of stuff to ya also

Back