How would you handle this?

wmcarr47

Registered
Here's the situation... You buy a bike from a guy you think is kosher (friend of friends), try and make the deal as convenient as possible (pay cash), drive three hours to get the bike only to find it registered in another state (unaware added costs)... Well i get through all that butttt, three months of owning the bike and the transmission starts to go and not only that but now 5 months of owning the bike and the bank still has the title (me no title). Excuse after excuse until now no response (flatline_____). Since i'm in another state getting @ this person is a mission. WWYD? :firing:

Up here selling a bike that isn't yours is FRAUD.
Criminal offense = jail.
Try and get your money back, and walk away.
Lots of used biles around without this hassel.
JMO

Here's the situation... You buy a bike from a guy you think is kosher (friend of friends)

That was your first problem there. Never deal with friends on purchases. When or if the problem goes bad, you only have yourself to blame.

you should have balked at the deal from the get go... you accepted the deal and forked over the cash without a clear title (bad news) How you recover from this part is going to be sketchy.. my guess is there may be a lien on the bike yet...

Transmission deal is irrelevant.. luck of the draw and a good reason to never buy a used sport bike.. Yea it might only have 200 miles on it but those miles could have been done 1320 ft at a time...

you should have balked at the deal from the get go... you accepted the deal and forked over the cash without a clear title (bad news) How you recover from this part is going to be sketchy.. my guess is there may be a lien on the bike yet...

Transmission deal is irrelevant.. luck of the draw and a good reason to never buy a used sport bike.. Yea it might only have 200 miles on it but those miles could have been done 1320 ft at a time...

that's exactly right.
He's out of spokane washington

Try every method you have to contact him. Give him reasonable time to respond. If he doesn't, report it to the police in Spokane. He needs to have the title to sell it. He will have to prove that the bike has been paid for and the title was transferred. WA has a time limit for the title to be transferred following a sale.

Try every method you have to contact him. Give him reasonable time to respond. If he doesn't, report it to the police in Spokane. He needs to have the title to sell it. He will have to prove that the bike has been paid for and the title was transferred. WA has a time limit for the title to be transferred following a sale.

i've given him til oct. 10th to get the title in my hand. i've called DOL washington today and the lien is still active. court is the next legal, moral, step!!!

SpoScammer Dennis "kaos" Kariores. don't trust him with a promise! can't even man up and prove me wrong. i've asked to fax me proof several times as well as a conference call with the credit union (lien holder). i gets no response

SpoScammer Dennis "kaos" Kariores. don't trust him with a promise! can't even man up and prove me wrong. i've asked to fax me proof several times as well as a conference call with the credit union (lien holder). i gets no response

I don't think Dennis started out with screwing Will in mind.....but that was the result. Unfortunately, Dennis is too proud or stubborn to:

1. apologize to doing Will like this. Instead he acts like HE has been wronged because Will is now upset.

2. come clean with what the real problem is and how long its gonna take to resolve it.

If he would just do those 2 things, Will would be a lot more understanding and patient. Not coming up with the title for 5 months is just wrong. Blowing the buyer off and lying just adds insult to injury.

NOT COOL MAN! NOT COOL AT ALL! I am sooooooooo dissapointed.

I don't know if you have a "family lawyer" but a letter from an attorney as a next to last resort. Maybe cost a $ 100 to $ 300 depending on hourly bill rate. Next step is to contact the the small claims court in that area file a civil case. The guy sold a bike he does not technically own and sorry to say you don't either. I would document all the correspondance - Certified Mail - or lack there of and see if you can get your day in court. Also - its possible the bike may be stolen... Live and learn don't ever make a deal if the paper work is not all there.

Back