How was my day 2day you ask....?

MikeSomething

Registered
9am... My workout Buddy blows me off, and put's me in a "great" mood.
12pm... Family lecture coming my way (I'm 29 years old mind u).
4pm... Attempted to do some awesome stuff w/ my Busa:

1st attempt... I wanted to install my SpeedoHealer, so I mounted it w/ velcro on my clutch res, after taking off plastics and everything. COULD NOT get the damn speedsensor harness apart, just couldn't, I would've broke it surely if I tried a second more, so I stopped and calmed down alil.

2nd attempt... I wanted to install my new "Steibel" Airhorn, so I took the smashed up old one off the bracket, and opened the tank, and tail section... Realized there isn't any damn place to mount this thing. I look on the forum and do a search, it's 10 threads about how people just bent the stock bracket alil and it fit fine. Well, HELL NO!!! I busted my stock one like that, and there's not a chance in hell I'm gonna try it w/ this. Someone said they mounted it on the top of the trans, no idea where, and no idea how it's not melting.

3rd attempt... Wanted to install clear front blinker lenses and reattach ram air screen, so I pull the nose off and drop stuff inside the side fairing. SCREW THIS!!! That's it, that's the end.

and its not even monday...what was the talk with the parents? are they sending you to an intervention for tempers? :rofl::moon:

Sounds like you had quite a day. Come back to it tomorrow and you will get it lined out. Surely someone has a horn bracket laying around.

Check this out. I had a flat tire since Sept. Aussiekeeper gave me one! It came last Friday, I went straight out and got it mounted. Got home, sprained my wrist/hand, and can't get it on, let alone twist a throttle!:rofl:
But a friend of mine is gonna help me tomorrow, and I think my wrist will twist now:laugh:
It's always somethin, but I can't complain:laugh:
I hope tommorow's a better day for you.

I'll see if i cant get some pics of where i mounted my horn for you. It's behind the motor and on top of the transmission. MUCH easier than trying to fit it up under the front in the stock location, and it's still plenty loud. Plus you dont run the risk of slamming the fender into it.

I put my horn in the tail section...on the back of the frame...when you look inside (with the hump off) you see the top of the horn.

There are also people that seperate the air pump and the horn...reconnect the two with 1/4" - 3/8" rubber fuel hose...or whatever size fits the OD of the parts...that is one way to keep the horn out front without fender clerance issues.

Some days it just aint worth getting out of bed, then the second you jump on and press that starter switch it all seems to disapear as you hit the ton down that 1st straight section of road.
If you didnt have the sh**ty days you wouldnt appreciate the good ones. :thumbsup:

Yeah...good idea to step back, take a few deep breaths, and ruminate.

Good luck!

It was the 13th

Not Fri mind you, But the 13th. ( Just imagine what all would have happened if it had been Fri. )

So a new day is here; how is it going for you so far? :beerchug:
Well so far w/ the horn, I've recieved a PM from ibified to remind him about photo's of where to mount this thing. He's got it on top of the trans and behind the motor. I looked all around the open areas of my bike and just can't figure how he has it without melting the horn's plastic from all the heat.
There are also people that seperate the air pump and the horn...reconnect the two with 1/4" - 3/8" rubber fuel hose...or whatever size fits the OD of the parts...that is one way to keep the horn out front without fender clerance issues.
Good idea... I might consider that.

Last edited:
Mike: I sent you the pics in an email a minute ago....here they are for the rest of the .org to see:

SSPX0255.jpg

SSPX0256.jpg

SSPX0257.jpg

SSPX0259.jpg

SSPX0260.jpg

SSPX0261.jpg

SSPX0255.jpg

SSPX0256.jpg

SSPX0257.jpg

SSPX0259.jpg

SSPX0260.jpg

SSPX0261.jpg