How to piss off a suzuki mechanic?

CraZyNOTRT

Registered
take a suzuki B-King in for the 7500 mile tune-up and new rear tire!
tune up supposed to take around 2 hours, took almost 4 hours to get done:rofl:
mechanic came to drop keys off at counter when he was done.
i asked if the b-king was a pain in the ass to work on:lol:
he just responded yeah, little dirty peice of Sh!t, and walked off.
he was getting pist off at the bike because he didnt know where any thing was, and he was throwing tools and books around while he was doing it.
i just glad he didnt have a gun, because the look on his face was he wanted to shoot it.

i was his 1st time working on the Bking, im the only one in the mckinney-plano tx area that has one, non of the mechanics there have ever worked on one.

Yeah, it isn't the most user friendly service bike. Tightening up the steering stem "shims" (I'm tired and can't think of what these are actually called) requires removal of the handle bar risers and semi removal of the gauge cluster.

The plastic pieces are all interlocked and have to come off in order, which takes time and patience.

I didn't find servicing it particularly DIFFICULT but it was TIME CONSUMING.

Part of the draw for me to get this bike IS the fact that very few people have them. I don't need to stand out, but sometimes its nice to not look the same.

Do yourself a favor and buy suzuki svc manual then double check the work your mechanic did on your bKing. It will SUCK if something came loose when you ride on the freeway or let alone wot on the twisties. :poke:

Even if it did take longer, I would prefer a better display of workmanship, so at least I was confident it was done right. At $50-70 per hour, I would expect a smile and a hand shake???

$90 / hr here two years ago :banghead:

First time around on many jobs takes twice as long to complete.. if working flat rate, you are loosing money on the learning curve.. not much fun..

techs usually get mad or excited when they do not understand what they are doing.. frustration sets in and it is all over.. regardless (and all techs have those days) you do not make a display like that to a customer.. The guy could be competent but just has a problem with attitude.. (not all that uncommon, I would rather have a grumpy guy that knew his game vs a really nice guy without a clue)

I do all the work on mine myself, the first time you take it apart is a little time consuming but after that it is not to bad. Changing the oil is a breeze compared to a busa.

take a suzuki B-King in for the 7500 mile tune-up and new rear tire!
tune up supposed to take around 2 hours, took almost 4 hours to get done:rofl:
mechanic came to drop keys off at counter when he was done.
i asked if the b-king was a pain in the ass to work on:lol:
he just responded yeah, little dirty peice of Sh!t, and walked off.
he was getting pist off at the bike because he didnt know where any thing was, and he was throwing tools and books around while he was doing it.
i just glad he didnt have a gun, because the look on his face was he wanted to shoot it.

You must be talkin about the tall skinny white dude at Plano Kawasaki Suzuki. he is a pretty nice feller and knows his stuff. Prolly just a ruff day. Id say his name but cant think of it off the top of my head.

Even if it did take longer, I would prefer a better display of workmanship, so at least I was confident it was done right. At $50-70 per hour, I would expect a smile and a hand shake???

I think its 78 $ an hour here, but I didn’t pay for it by the hour :lol:
I was smart and got prepaid maintenance when i bought the bike, all i had to pay for was the tire and the labor to put it on, anything that went over the prepaid maintenance they had to absorb :rofl:

Back