How to Clean Fuel Injectors

Good stuff to know. Glad I read, mine may be needing...
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried everything the peepz on the internets said would work, as far as home remedies... NONE WORKED! I ended up getting them professionally done somewhere in Cali. Instant success in getting the bike to run like it should. No comparison, swallow the $120 and just do eeeeettt! I probably spent that much in additives, cleaners, and misc. items before sending them out. In the mean time, I found a set of OEM injectors on eBay for $30, but they were dirty too. 10 day turn around and I was in heaven.

Any of the home remedies are short-term band-aids.... at best.

Did you ever try Red Line SI1 Complete Fuels System Cleaner?

Good stuff to know. Glad I read, mine may be needing...
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too. Have been setting (wrecked) since early September, was wondering about how gummy the injectors have gotten.
Bookmarked Spencer Cycles url, now if I can just remember it if I'm having problems here in a month or so.

$25 per injector from Spencercycles sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Don't know Goldenchild's price, but having a matched set of flow balanced injectors would be even better. Much smoother engine possible, and probably worth the extra coin when you figure in your time and labor.

If you really want to do it right, adjust your valve train while the injectors are out and then re-synch your throttle bodies when it's running again.

Now I may be way off line but I did have a similar problem where a busa I had just bought surged on throtle & bogged at idol (too much fuel) causing the plugs to foul .
After 2 weeks of painstaking plug swapin, injector cleaning, entire fuel system clear out, I finaly noticed that someone (read moron) had been fiddling around with the vacum hoses and turned the vacum cheack valve back to front.:newburn::newburn:
I am not a pacient man and almost took a log spliter too the bike all because of such a small mistake.:thumbsup:

Now I may be way off line but I did have a similar problem where a busa I had just bought surged on throtle & bogged at idol (too much fuel) causing the plugs to foul .
After 2 weeks of painstaking plug swapin, injector cleaning, entire fuel system clear out, I finaly noticed that someone (read moron) had been fiddling around with the vacum hoses and turned the vacum cheack valve back to front.:newburn::newburn:
I am not a pacient man and almost took a log spliter too the bike all because of such a small mistake.:thumbsup:

wheres the vacuum check valve located at

I take the injectors out and clean by blasting them with brake cleaner. I also used an o ring kit from Autozone for lil smaller o ring. Makes it easier. Process takes 15 mins for me. Works 100%
But my problem is because of rust
Posted via Mobile Device
Whats the part # for the orings u used?

Back