How to Carry?

bstamper

Registered
Come spring my Busa will be a daily driver for me. To work from work. By trade I am a Network Engineer and this reqires me to carry my laptop with me to work/from work. I had originally just thought I'll get a decent laptop backpack and put the laptop in that. BUT, if I get caught in the rain this isn't going to be good! Anyone know of any weatherproof gear that would help me out?

I've done some searching and everything I've found as well as those links points to a breif case type. I'm looking for something that I can wear like a back pack or put on the bike to cary somewhere. I don't know how i'd be able to cary a breif case like that comfortably?

Not sure about a laptop, but I always use the extra large ziplock baggies to throw my wallet, camera, etc. in the hump. I always have one in there, just incase.

thumb_up.gif

Not sure about a laptop, but I always use the extra large ziplock baggies to throw my wallet, camera, etc. in the hump.  I always have one in there, just incase.
+1 on that  specially in a heavy down pour man water can get ANYwhere. I keep a double plastic grocery store bag for my electronics rolled up in the hump...my phone and mp3 werent safe two layers down in an interior pocket

+1 on the big ziplocks.... any bag that allows air circulation is going to let in moisture.. My laptop took some abuse this year in my "bagster" even with the rain coat on it.. Thankfully , Chris was driving his truck up to the gap with Doyle and I riding.. laptop would have been toast by the time we got there... Thanks again Chris
smile.gif

Make sure you power down your laptop, dont leave it running or in stand by.

I learned that the hard way.

I think i'll buy the overboard I listed above as well as a zip lock bag to put the laptop in. I know there are also some waterproof laptop sleeves out there to. Supposed to be static resistant. Being that it is a work issued laptop I'd rather not have to tell them it has water dammage from me riding w/ it on the busa. Thanks all for your help and suggestions!!

I use a laptop-specific, not-declared-as-weatherproof Trunk&Co backpack (see pic). It keeps my laptop dry when it rains (I commute all year round, work is 30 mi from home). If rain is heavy, the zips get a bit moisty. If it rains REALLY heavy, I use the ziploc freezer bag trick.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

PS: I'm probably the only BMW owner in the world without hardbags nor heated grips.

I am with insane, I use a Targa laptop backpack and place a heavy shopping back over the lap top with the top of the bag towards the bottom of the back. My Targa puts the laptop against my back so you have an outside cover and a large pocket area that has to get soaked through before that laptop would even need the shopping bags protection. I have yet to have the area with the laptop even be moist.

Back