How much should m.s.r.p be on this?

food for thought...I have a generic lift stand from the shop...pins were made of T6 and worked fine. That would definitely cut costs.

I wish. The yield strength of T6 is about 30-40 ksi. I've already had "stress proof" steel bend under the weight of the GSX650F and it's got a yield of about 115 ksi. Long and short is that T6 if used on a bike like the busa would bend like hot butter.

Ian

I wish. The yield strength of T6 is about 30-40 ksi. I've already had "stress proof" steel bend under the weight of the GSX650F and it's got a yield of about 115 ksi. Long and short is that T6 if used on a bike like the busa would bend like hot butter.

Ian

this one hasn't.

Can't believe stainless isn't cheaper to use than cutting and plating mild.

I am new to stands. I would like to know what is the thing that goes under the nose for? I have seen stands without those. I was just wondering. Thanks...

Are u talking about the front stand that has a tube traveling underneath the fairing upper? That part of the stand has a pin on it (male) that mates with the lower triple tree hole (female) and it hoist up the front wheel that way. This stand is VERY useful if you'll be removing the forks, wheel removal, using tire warmers, general maintenance etc....

The other stand that you refer to lifts the front wheel, via the bottom of the fork legs. It's slightly quicker to get that one on and off, but you CANNOT remove front forks with that style stand because it uses the fork legs for leverage.

My current prototype does not hit the upper on the old and new busa at stock ride height. After that when you start lowering it all bets are off.

Ian

Excellent job Redline!! I have the Vortex Racing front stand and when I used it for my old Busa (stock ride height), it made contact with the upper. Good to see you've solved that problem. :thumbsup:

i dont know i paid a 2 hundred and 70 dollars for my redline stands. im not saying they were worth all of that money but i gaurantee you i got the best stands money can buy. they are priceless when it comes to maintenance and i guess when you make a great product you can charge what you like

i dont know i paid a 2 hundred and 70 dollars for my redline stands. im not saying they were worth all of that money but i gaurantee you i got the best stands money can buy. they are priceless when it comes to maintenance and i guess when you make a great product you can charge what you like

Never seen a redline stand...but I have pittbulls...and they are hard to beat in quality.

Back