How much should m.s.r.p be on this?

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
I've been working for a long long time now in developing a Redline headstock stand and I'm finally about done. We seem to be in the final stages of testing so it's my goal to have the stand for sale before the end of the year. So, what do you guys think I should price it at? I can't sell it for as cheap as $99 because there's too many expensive goodies in it. The hinges are cnc laser cut and bent while the lifting arm requires mill work. Plus, each pin made has to be cnc machined of very expensive steel and then plated. So tell me, what would you pay for a stand like the one pictured. Thanks in advance for all input.

Ian
REDLINE ENGINEERING - Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki

Headstock-Stand-04-R1.jpg

Okay, but will it pick up a lowered Busa?? I have a real nice set of stands already, but it does not have the proper angle to get between the fender and upper on my Busa that is lowered only 1.25" It works awesome on all my other bikes btw...
If it would work on a lowered Busa... 150 bux would be fair IMO...

Id also like to know if it will work on a lower bike. Mine is 2" lower on the front. Id pay 150 for one it I had the extra cash.

I'm afraid it's tough enough trying to make one fit a stock busa and that is one hell of a feat once accomplished. Picking up a lowered busa with a headstock stand just won't ever happen. Sorry.

Ian

Is it just the angle of the picture that makes it look like the stands are in the way if you try to remove the front axle? ???

Hey Ian, does it come with the R1 attached? :)

I give you a lot more than $150 if it comes with :) btw, nice work (again!)

I'm afraid it's tough enough trying to make one fit a stock busa and that is one hell of a feat once accomplished. Picking up a lowered busa with a headstock stand just won't ever happen. Sorry.

Ian

So what your saying is I cant give you any money.???

why would a lowered bike need a stem stand anyway... :whistle:

HA-ha.... No really, i like to store my bikes and cars up off the tires over winter or any extended storage period.Last winter i took the upper off to achieve this. I would like a stand that did not hit the upper though...as that is a PITA to take off and put back on every year...

And it makes general maint sooo much easier...

HA-ha.... No really, i like to store my bikes and cars up off the tires over winter or any extended storage period.Last winter i took the upper off to achieve this. I would like a stand that did not hit the upper though...as that is a PITA to take off and put back on every year...

And it makes general maint sooo much easier...

My current prototype does not hit the upper on the old and new busa at stock ride height. After that when you start lowering it all bets are off.

Ian

08-Busa-LowPro-lowrez.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

food for thought...I have a generic lift stand from the shop...pins were made of T6 and worked fine. That would definitely cut costs.

Really hard to tell from the pictures, You should probably send them to me let me look at them check them out, keep them over the winter to see how they hold up, should probably hold onto them for a couple years to check out durability and stability after initial usage then can get back with you, :thumbsup:

The rear stand in the picture looks just like my Vortec that is sweet and works perfect and I got it for only 89.95 and the front stand looked just as good and it was only I think like 25.00 more so lets say 115.00.???

I am new to stands. I would like to know what is the thing that goes under the nose for? I have seen stands without those. I was just wondering. Thanks...

my bike is lowered 1.25 with risers and I can pick it up with the pitbull stem stand if I remove the fender

Back