How much should I

lastmanstanding

Registered
Hello Guys, as i am relatively new with my busa, only 2 days to be specific, should i mentain some speed limit on my new machine, if yes what should be my limit and till how many kms.

Cheers

owner manual is a good read but if i remember right you should vary your rpm and keep it under 7 grand for like 600 miles-

congrats,in your owners manuel there is a break in procedure,follow it,it may be a little on the conservative side but you can't go wrong,i changed the oil and filter at 50,200 and i k miles

fast break in is for short lived race motors,not street bikes

drive it hard !
biggrin.gif
that bike is ready to rev !!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

congrats,in your owners manuel there is a break in procedure,follow it,it may be a little on the conservative side but you can't go wrong,i changed the oil and filter at 50,200 and i k miles

fast break in is for short lived race motors,not street bikes
+1

Changed my oil and filter at 250, and 600 miles, every 2000 after that. Runs like a champ, 4,500 carefree miles, so far anyway.

Page 4-2 of my owner's manual (05' BUSA) says initial 500 miles keep below 5500rpm then up to 1000 miles keep below 8000rpm, over 1K miles keep below 11,000rpm. Vary engine speed during break-in period to allow loading of parts (which aids in the mating process). Also, dealer said to change oil at 500 miles and again at 1000 miles.

See:

www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
I followed this guy's break in procedure and mine uses no oil and runs like a champ! Definitely do the several oil changes recommended. When I did the 30 mile oil/filter change I saw little bits of "silver glitter" in the drain pan, and again at 600 miles, though not as much.

wink.gif

I have a New Busa, and I know I don't know more that the people who designed it, so I'll just follow their instructions ! Worked in the past with bikes I put 100,000+ miles on so it should work now  
xblueman.gif

Back