How many of you guys do Wheelies on the busa

sabredog

Registered
Ive been fixing a few bolt-on parts on the bike, and lots of passerbys stop to talk.

Ive been asked 4 times about riding wheelies on the bike, and I never do it,

When I do hard launches for drag race I do small wheelies about 1 foot off the ground,

but my intuition tells me I would need to thrash a few bikes to get good on this bike.

am I wrong and everyone is doing it?????:oh:

I see plenty of videos of guys wheelieng the busa, so I know it is somewhat common.
But do everyday riders do lots of wheelies,??? and I better get practicing????????????????

sabredog

I don't want my azz looking like :moon: I don't do them unless they are during hard acceleration and just a few feet off ground. The Busa is not meant to be on one wheel. I know there are guys that do them all the time on here and good for them, but I like my Busa the way it is and not all road rashed and in pieces.

One problem with wheelies, if not done correctly..........they hurt :laugh:

If you come down hard the first thing that will be offended is the forks seals....

i couldnt do a wheelie on my Banana seat, sissy bar, butterfly handle bar Sting Ray bike back in the day.....seems I always ended up flat on my Azzz. since those days 2 wheels is the least i will ride on! :poke:

Ive only had mine for about 3 months, It still scares the sh*t out of me on 2 wheels, God forbid I ever get it up on 1, I will admit though those bikes do look good on a controled wheelie at about 65 to 70 mph. But like the rest of guys, I like my ass just the way it looks now, No need for :moon:

000_1546.jpg

I have accidentally had mine on one wheel three times, as I recall.

I don't like doing wheelies, don't want to do wheelies and never intentionally do wheelies.

And never will, either, from what I can tell!

--Wag--

I never do a wheelie that I can't gently set it back down. Ride the balance point for a good chunk of asphalt on my Busa never have never will I love mine. I see plenty of guys wheeling them but Isee more people destroying them. They wanna see a wheelie tell them bring theirs and show you how its done have the video camera rolling too.

The big busa chick wheelies just fine. It's kinda like riding a fat girl only the balance point is a bit further back :laugh:

ive done a few but not many like on my other bikes. as others have said thats just not what its for but it will do them easily

Here's a little wheelie video for your enjoyment. It's not much but it's the best I could do with a hang over. Gives you non wheelie fella's a birds eye view of what a real live wheelie looks like from the cockpit.

Linky!

I feel ya. I ride 2 wheels down. I have seen 2 many "wheelie kings" thrash their bikes. When I have them pull wheelies by me or when people ask me if it can I just tell them, " Mine didn't come with that option, it only came with the blow ya draws off in the 1/4 option." :laugh:

The last time I did a wheelie was two years ago. I didn't even do it on purpose. So I wasn't prepared for the bike to come up so dam quick., It ended up rackin my privates. Now I never forget that the bike will come up if I twist to much.

I like to bring her up now & then! Very easy just snap your wrist and up she'll go.
Just hang on!:beerchug:

Back