How Many Folks Access The Site Via Phone Or Tablets?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Over the years we have seen the site change, ebb and flow if you will through the seasons of the year. One thing that always kept us different from Facebook or Google + Myspace, or Twitter was that you could have full discussions about a topic. Over the past couple of years I noticed a trend that there were more and more users accessing the site via mobile device. Just using a mobile device limits typing and really puts the end user at more checking on the site than participating on the site with exception of the heavily used "Like" button...

Who fits into this category? How many of you just don't feel like typing out a long reply to a discussion on a Qwerty keyboard?

There is about 75% of the users on this site now that use mobile phones to the 25% that still use PC's...

I don't even have a computer anymore, so I'm a phone only guy. Since phones can do pretty much anything a computer does, plus fit in my pocket, computer's are slowly but surely going the way of the landline for casual users unless you need a specific task handled.

I only use my phone. I have a computer sitting in a drawer I pull out probaly 5 times a year for work.

Maybe some reasons the conversations are not like they use to is the busa hasent changed in 9 years what's new to figure out? Can search all the information people are looking for.

This website just like all other work well on mobile devices now. 5-6 years ago I would guess this sight did not work as well on mobile devices.

I only use my phone. I have a computer sitting in a drawer I pull out probaly 5 times a year for work.

Maybe some reasons the conversations are not like they use to is the busa hasent changed in 9 years what's new to figure out? Can search all the information people are looking for.

This website just like all other work well on mobile devices now. 5-6 years ago I would guess this sight did not work as well on mobile devices.

Your assumption is that the only topic that is ever discussed is motorcycles. Some of the best conversations I've had were on this forum with people from literally all over the world. A lot of insight and perspective...

Last edited:
I use a laptop , my phone is basic and used for local Australian calls etc. Feeling old and overwhelmed when it comes to my ability to use the latest tech gadgets , still a one finger typist , and keep well away from facebook etc . Do like a conversation amongst like minded souls , so enjoy this org . Still haven't mastered the post / new post on site , so I'll take this opportunity to apologize to all for my seemingly tactless drop in postings !!!
It's hard to have a good discussion on any topic when typing on a little keyboard... The slow death of our ability as a society to have a conversation without emoji's or the like button..

I use a laptop , my phone is basic and used for local Australian calls etc. Feeling old and overwhelmed when it comes to my ability to use the latest tech gadgets , still a one finger typist , and keep well away from facebook etc . Do like a conversation amongst like minded souls , so enjoy this org . Still haven't mastered the post / new post on site , so I'll take this opportunity to apologize to all for my seemingly tactless drop in postings !!!

Just remember this... "New Post" on the top will show you all the new post on the site since you last visited. Once you have read all the messages and you want to clear the slate then click the "Mark Forum Read" and then the next time you come back rinse and repeat... This is different than the "Post New Thread" which is where you start a new thread on the forum...
upload_2017-9-3_19-4-58.png

upload_2017-9-3_19-6-47.png

I use my phone a lot more than my computer. Depending on the topic, I will type as much as need to help or make a point. :beerchug:

Like others, I have a laptop sitting next to me as I type this, but it rarely gets used. I couldn't really tell how the forum looks from a PC or laptop, since I'm always on my phone or tablet. I personally don't feel like these two devices limit my interaction with forum members or deter me from typing a long post. I have to admit that I type faster on my phone than a regular computer. I use a website to practice typing when on the PC at work, but I just don't get the seat time and exposure to get good/fast at typing on a regular computer.

Back