How many \'Busa riders in ALASKA?

I felt bad 'cause no one was responding....so before you go writing us off as a bunch of sugarbritches,its probably just 'cause your a team of one for now.
Don't take offense....but is it easy to find anyone to ride with,much less a 'Busa?

Josie was up there earlier this summer, but she might not have hers yet. I did the Tok Junction-Fairbanks-Anchorage circuit on my GS1100 in 1990, with a dog-leg down to Homer. I Rode the Al-Can; went by land from Seattle in 3 1/2 weeks. I guess most of the road is paved by now. No problem on a 'Busa!!

I'm not sure the Alcan will ever be a 'paved' road. The Canadians get it into good shape by each Fall, but it's a main artery for trucks. They spend all winter churning the surface to crap with chains, etc.

Last time I went up it . . . I think it was '84, I went north in the spring, and it was the ride from hell (gotta admit, the scenery makes up for some of it, heheh). When I came back down in the Fall, the road was so different it was hard to recognize. The pits you could lose SUVs into were gone, and you could actually drive in something beyond the first couple of gears, heheh.

Back