How long do Cush rubbers last?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I’ve had these on the Busa for probably ten years or more. I swapped the OEMs out early so these must have over 50,000 miles on them. They’re still a PITA to install and remove and aren’t gouged or cut. When should they be replaced I wonder? For the not too high price of $60 I could get a set and have them replaced when I have the chain and sprockets replaced. But if they’re still good…Anyone else ever replace HD Cush rubbers like these?

IMG_3205.jpg

I’ve had these on the Busa for probably ten years or more. I swapped the OEMs out early so these must have over 50,000 miles on them. They’re still a PITA to install and remove and aren’t gouged or cut. When should they be replaced I wonder? For the not too high price of $60 I could get a set and have them replaced when I have the chain and sprockets replaced. But if they’re still good…Anyone else ever replace HD Cush rubbers like these?

View attachment 1669585

how long they last would be caused by how you ride ur bike

and what my good ol´ buddy @Kojak found out is a bad news - these from schnitz 4 gen1´s seem to be produced in far east and are not worth the money and hours of work .
buy the originals from suzuki if u can feel play in the sprocket hub in der rim.

kojak offers the fine pieces (incl. 2 angle-valves in black) here at his shop
4 gen3 here
and
4 gen2 + b-king here

and he really tests ALL parts at his bikes , before he offers them in his shop .

how long they last would be caused by how you ride ur bike

and what my good ol´ buddy @Kojak found out is a bad news - these from schnitz 4 gen1´s seem to be produced in far east and are not worth the money and hours of work .
buy the originals from suzuki if u can feel play in the sprocket hub in der rim.

kojak offers the fine pieces (incl. 2 angle-valves in black) here at his shop
4 gen3 here
and
4 gen2 + b-king here

and he really tests ALL parts at his bikes , before he offers them in his shop .

Schnitz says they’re made in the USA. Why does your friend think they’re made elsewhere? They’re not “hours of work” to install either. I swapped out the originals 15 years ago as these were better.

Back