How do you reason with someone...

Got it, thanks.. This country has always had citizens with differing opinions. I think that the problem that we have now is that our country, more specifically our governement is trying to legislate morality and values, the ideals are so far apart that we will never see a common ground. We see it every day, marriage issues, how to treat someone else aka bullying or disabilities, healthcare to immigration. I think our problem is that as a country we are now trying to be all inclusive and allow everyone to have their way, let whoever yells the most get what they want regardless if it is the popular idea or if it is the best for the country. Someone is always going to get their feelings hurt, everyone can't have it their way. In the past times of this country I think that most Americans shared a similiar set of values thus creating a unified front. Anymore we have such a diverse thought process that we will never be able to see the forest for the trees. Regardless if a person likes it or not historically the bible has been used as the standard to which most people considered acceptable values. As we get farther and farther into the hole of allowing the "Anything goes" and fostering the "I have a right to do what I want" mentality our country will continue to decline. Heck we can't put 100 Hayabusa owners into a room and get them to agree on what the fastest colored Busa, much less all the other emtional, religious and personal beliefs that are out there...

Our country is being torn apart from the inside out, just because you have the right to speak out, you sometimes have a responsibility not to....

cap

That's the thing...it is not free. It is paid for by the people. How is it your responsibility to pay for your neighbors health care?

here's the kicker, your neighbor is overweight, out of shape, smokes 4 packs a day, and finishes a case of keystone every night. is it your responsibility to take care of them when they clearly choose not to take care of themselves? military health care is ok, not great, but ok, but there are also height/weight/fitness standards that everyone must meet in order to stay in the military. are you going to impose height/weight/fitness standards on america? if so, then i have no issue with universal health care. a great deal of ailments today have more to do with how you take care of yourself than anything.

With liberty and justice for all; I would love to hear a presidential candidate speak like that...

Got it, thanks.. This country has always had citizens with differing opinions. I think that the problem that we have now is that our country, more specifically our governement is trying to legislate morality and values, the ideals are so far apart that we will never see a common ground. We see it every day, marriage issues, how to treat someone else aka bullying or disabilities, healthcare to immigration. I think our problem is that as a country we are now trying to be all inclusive and allow everyone to have their way, let whoever yells the most get what they want regardless if it is the popular idea or if it is the best for the country. Someone is always going to get their feelings hurt, everyone can't have it their way. In the past times of this country I think that most Americans shared a similiar set of values thus creating a unified front. Anymore we have such a diverse thought process that we will never be able to see the forest for the trees. Regardless if a person likes it or not historically the bible has been used as the standard to which most people considered acceptable values. As we get farther and farther into the hole of allowing the "Anything goes" and fostering the "I have a right to do what I want" mentality our country will continue to decline. Heck we can't put 100 Hayabusa owners into a room and get them to agree on what the fastest colored Busa, much less all the other emtional, religious and personal beliefs that are out there...

Our country is being torn apart from the inside out, just because you have the right to speak out, you sometimes have a responsibility not to....

cap

here's the kicker, your neighbor is overweight, out of shape, smokes 4 packs a day, and finishes a case of keystone every night. is it your responsibility to take care of them when they clearly choose not to take care of themselves? military health care is ok, not great, but ok, but there are also height/weight/fitness standards that everyone must meet in order to stay in the military. are you going to impose height/weight/fitness standards on america? if so, then i have no issue with universal health care. a great deal of ailments today have more to do with how you take care of yourself than anything.

Height/weight/fitness standards are for the troops only.. I have seen some really large Army wives. 230 and 5'2.. :laugh:

We don't need free health care, we need affordable health care. A 20 minute Dr visit shouldnt cost $200. Insurance for my family is pretty cheap with my wife. $220 a check . If we went through my company ... almost $600 a check, with a $3500 deductible Really?!?

Height/weight/fitness standards are for the troops only.. I have seen some really large Army wives. 230 and 5'2.. :laugh:

touché. you have me there sir. i've never understood the BMW. (big military wives) i just don't get it. their husband has a good job (not great, but it pays most of the bills), is in at least decent shape, and we're usually pretty squared away. how do so many soldiers end up with fat, uninteresting, unattractive wives who don't take care of themselves.

my insurance is around 24 bucks a month for my wife (i spit at thee, wench) and I, including dental for both of us. i never use it if i can help it.

I think health care should be free for all, paid out of taxes people pay, not paid by individuals as a separate thing.
I live in GB where health care is free, and in my experience it's not bad at all, yes you can wait a bit but it is not excessive.

You still have to pay for glasses or the dentist.
You can have private heath insurance if you want, you just have to pay for it.

Free health care isn't possible with our system. Our system is private business, business prefer you stay sick since there business make more money when you are sick. If pharmaceutical companies found a cure for the common cold you would not get to see it. There are men in history like Jonas Salk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but there are certainly none like him in the FDA or involved in the big business of medicine an health care in this day an age.

You need only look as far as Burzynski the Movie to see what our system is all about, the FDA along with their pharmaceutical companies spent years persecuting a man trying to destroy him, put him behind bars while the big business tried desperately to steal his ideas an method of treatment. People even kids dying all around the world and our tax dollars were being spent to suppress health care not advanced it. Who can ask for free healthcare when they won't even let you pay for it, not until they can figure out a way to make sure the revenue goes to the right people.

Man Develops a Car Which Runs Solely on Water
The Inventor of the Car That Runs on Water Has Been Killed! - Video

You won't see a water run car till those with money an power figure out how to maintain it, that s just the way it is.

What amazes me are the people who complain about how bad and corrupt the politicians are, yet want the Government to have contol of everything because the Corporations are corrupt. Who do they think runs the Government? At least with Corporate control, competition keeps things in check. The Government's role should be limited to ensuring Corporations are not conspiring to fix prices (anti-trust). There is nothing keeping the Government in check other than someone's fear of not getting reelected. Health Care will end up like Social Security in no time.

Patients at Area VA Hospital Denied Soft Foods - St. Louis News - Daily RFT

I think health care should be free for all, paid out of taxes people pay, not paid by individuals as a separate thing.
I live in GB where health care is free, and in my experience it's not bad at all, yes you can wait a bit but it is not excessive.

You still have to pay for glasses or the dentist.
You can have private heath insurance if you want, you just have to pay for it.

I typically stay out of these threads and hopefully will be able to in the future but... If everyone recieving the health care were paying into the system (or had paid as in the elderly), I wouldn't have an issue with what you said. The problem is there are people out there that don't pay into the system yet expect something for nothing and unfortunately our government supports and encourages that dependence.

After working and travelling in many countries, I have learnt to respect everyones opinions. Depending on your background and how you were programmed during upbringing and the environment, there is really no right or wrong. The key is to associate with those whose values you appreciate.

I typically stay out of these threads and hopefully will be able to in the future but... If everyone recieving the health care were paying into the system (or had paid as in the elderly), I wouldn't have an issue with what you said. The problem is there are people out there that don't pay into the system yet expect something for nothing and unfortunately our government supports and encourages that dependence.

The last statistic I saw was only 53% of Americans pay taxes. And it isn't the 1%ers who aren't paying. It also seems that the 47% who aren't are complaining that the taxes need to be raised on those of us who are paying so the entitements can be increased.

Just ask our neighbors to the north how they like their government run health care.

Cured my second stage melanoma for free. I didn't pay a dime. We spend less of our GDP, everyone is covered, nobody goes bankrupt in my country because of medical bill. Politicians in Canada on both the right and the left realize Canadians love their health care and it would be political suicide to suggest dismantling it. But hey you keep drinking the cooperate insurance industry koolaid reports concocted by them to keep you paying the most for the least services.

There, you heard from a Canadian. :moon: :laugh:

cheers
ken

Cured my second stage melanoma for free. I didn't pay a dime. We spend less of our GDP, everyone is covered, nobody goes bankrupt in my country because of medical bill. Politicians in Canada on both the right and the left realize Canadians love their health care and it would be political suicide to suggest dismantling it. But hey you keep drinking the cooperate insurance industry koolaid reports concocted by them to keep you paying the most for the least services.

There, you heard from a Canadian. :moon: :laugh:

cheers
ken

Directly opposite of what I have been told by a few Canadian neighbors but that is the way it goes with everything. Some like it and some don't. I am glad you like it and very glad it worked for your best interest:thumbsup:

no one deserves anything that they didn't earn...if you want health care, put yourself in a place to be able to afford it...if you want food, get a job so you can buy some...if you want respect, treat me the way you want to be treated and that includes keeping your hand out of my pocket trying to get a free ride...we have about 6.5 billion too many people on the face of the Earth and most of the world's problems could be fixed by letting the trash die off instead of continuing to feed them and give them healthcare...just my $.02

I look at it this way.
I am an American and I deserve free health care more than these mexicans of any other foreigner that comes into this country getting free handouts.

Charlie, I've got the perfect response to the OP - dare you to post it in the FB Thread!!

I just can't help myself :stirpot: Although I can also be accused of #12 :laugh:
12 REASONS WHY I WILL VOTE DEMOCRAT THIS TIME

1. I will vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a
gallon of gas are obscene, but my government taxing the same gallon of
gas at 15% isn't.

2. I will vote Democrat because I believe my government will do a better
job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I will vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody
is offended by it.

4. I will vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and
I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers
and thieves.

5. I will vote Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if
it will rain on Friday can tell us for sure that the polar ice caps will melt
away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I will vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies
being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I will vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free
health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take
away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I will vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be
allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give
the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see
fit.

9. I will vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the
Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never
get their agendas past the voters.

10.. I will vote Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions
to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it
might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

11. I will vote Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most
wonderful country in the world, I am promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

12. I will vote Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ***,
it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

Back