How do you determine what model version I have?

Chomps-Lewis

Registered
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this sounds like a brain dead question but Im kinda stumped, but how do I find out what "model" of hayabuysa I got?
I have been looking up OEM parts on websites like revzilla and so on, and it seems for stuff like fuel systems there are a bunch of variations like Model "k1, k2, k3, x, y" and Im having trouble figuring out which my Hayabusa falls under.
I have a 2001 Hayabusa, as far as I know its not a special edition or anything. How do I figure out what category to look in?
Thanks

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this sounds like a brain dead question but Im kinda stumped, but how do I find out what "model" of hayabuysa I got?
I have been looking up OEM parts on websites like revzilla and so on, and it seems for stuff like fuel systems there are a bunch of variations like Model "k1, k2, k3, x, y" and Im having trouble figuring out which my Hayabusa falls under.
I have a 2001 Hayabusa, as far as I know its not a special edition or anything. How do I figure out what category to look in?
Thanks

I believe the 01-07 are the same Generation One model Hayabusa. The 99&00s were different beasts in some regard but I don’t know if they’re listed as K and K0 models. The LE models can have different part number ‘codes’ but except for LE colors and badging there aren’t any differences. My 06 LE for example is a K6 but has a Z after some of the parts. Yours should be a K1 but any K1-K7 parts should interchange.

I believe the 01-07 are the same Generation One model Hayabusa. The 99&00s were different beasts in some regard but I don’t know if they’re listed as K and K0 models. The LE models can have different part number ‘codes’ but except for LE colors and badging there aren’t any differences. My 06 LE for example is a K6 but has a Z after some of the parts. Yours should be a K1 but any K1-K7 parts should interchange.
Thanks for the quick response! Ill keep this in mind.

Hey everyone,

Thanks
Looks like @WuzzaCBXRider got you your answer, but the way I look at it is:
K= 2000
Number= specific year
K+number= bike’s production year
Mine is a K9 which means 2009

Back