how do i justify this spending...

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
ok, so my girlsfriends bday is coming up at the end of the month and she has this huge fetish for coach purses... we were out shopping yesterday and she pointed out to me the new handbag that she wanted so bad but keeps telling me not to worry about getting her anything for her bday since i just recently dropped some coin on new riding gear for her. i want to get her the handbag, but i just cant justify spending $400 on a friggin purse!!! im thinkin of maybe getting her a smaller bag that matches the purse that she has now that would be more convenient for her when she goes out so that she doesnt have to lug a friggin small suitcase around. what do you all think???

If she showed it to you, then said she didnt want it...........she wants it. Think this way, you find a lid you want, its really nice. You show her, Hey baby check out this helmet I really like, but dont worry about getting it for me...........you want the lid. Get the purse bro.

Give her a gift cert for the amount that seems reasonable or the amount you can afford - let her pony up the rest. Saying you like something and then saying you don't want someone to buy it for you is emotional blackmail - I personally don't play that game. If you want something - figure out how to get it yourself and don't hold someone else hostage... it's a purse for heaven's sake. Geez!

If she showed it to you, then said she didnt want it...........she wants it. Think this way, you find a lid you want, its really nice. You show her, Hey baby check out this helmet I really like, but dont worry about getting it for me...........you want the lid. Get the purse bro.
Exactly.

Although that sounds like a lot for a purse (it is a lot!) it's the going rate for any designer purse.

$400
wowold.gif
No way in HE**! Would you spend $400 on a new wallet? But I also know that if mama aint happy then nobody is happy....it would give you some brownie points!!!
ThumbsUp.gif

+1 wife says the same thing..
winkold.gif
buy the purse Dave..
smile.gif

Give her a gift cert for the amount that seems reasonable or the amount you can afford - let her pony up the rest.  Saying you like something and then saying you don't want someone to buy it for you is emotional blackmail - I personally don't play that game.  If you want something - figure out how to get it yourself and don't hold someone else hostage... it's a purse for heaven's sake.   Geez!
I agree with this as well, but it is possible that it wasn't her intent to put you in this position. I'm sure I've done this to Dan from time to time, but it was never my intent. Sometimes we'll be out or just discussing things and something like this will come up.

Are you ok spending $400 on her for any gift? If so, get the purse. Look at it as $400 to make her really happy.

Did you say $400? That is a car payment with gas. If semi ever bought me a purse for 400 I would black his eye!
face7.gif
I guess if you can afford it, then maybe it's not a big deal. Me personally, I am happy with going out to eat, only if he uses a coupon.
beerchug.gif

money is not the issue... the issue is spending 400 on something so freakin petty like a PURSE!!! im about 98% positive im just gonna go ahead and buy the damn thing....

Don't buy it and feel pi**ed about it though. IF you did tell her about a new lid and she bought you a different how would you feel about it? Buy the purse and be happy and excited and in the long run you will both be happy. If she wants that purse that bad then there will be a significant meaning to you buying if for her.

money is not the issue... the issue is spending 400 on something so freakin petty like a PURSE!!! im about 98% positive im just gonna go ahead and buy the damn thing....
I agree $400 on a purse is crazy talk!
$400 May seem like alot of money to you but people have different likings. if thats what she wants get it for her you will not regret it when you see the look on her face when you give it to her.

$400
wowold.gif
No way in HE**! Would you spend $400 on a new wallet? But I also know that if mama aint happy then nobody is happy....it would give you some brownie points!!!
ThumbsUp.gif
Difference there is that most men don't go thru wallets like most women go thru purses! We'll buy one and be happy with it until it falls apart - and even then, we'll keep using it!

I can't tell you the number of purses my wife has! How many different shades of the same fuggin' color does one need?
rock.gif
Heck - the purses that isn't using today, my 2 girls carry around with them! Sheesh!

And don't even get me started on shoes!

Look at it this way, That's only three tanks of gas in my truck. You'd go through that in a week, maybe two for some. She'll have that purse for at least a year. Plus you'll get her bragging to her friends. Major brownie points my man. Get it for her.

I can give you an interesting point of view on this.  I am learning more about women.  My wife is the type that only needs one really nice purse and not a collection of purses.

You guys will hate me for this but this was the best money I spend as she has been bouncing of the walls for the last 3 months and dancing around since I bought here this new purse.

Are you ready - $1,200 for a Gucci Purse.  In her world this is her new computer, her new motorcycle etc.
I would have never guessed this would turn out so well.  This purse changed her attitude 100% its amazing.

I under estimated the high impact value to her.  But remmember she is a one purse kind of women and if you women is a must have many purses then you will not get the same value proposition as I did.

My stomach aches everything I walk past this purse, but it will last at least 24 months so its a little over $50 per month

Ok now you are all going to flame me I am sure - but a man must do what he has got to do to get that new 2008 Hayabusa I just picked up a few weeks ago  
firedevil.gif

dude the wife does the same thing to me. you gotta get it and there will never be reason behind spending EVER... lol just see as you get a free get whatcha want card when you want something.. lol

Okay her it goes, I too have a thing for COACH purses(i have 7)and if I happen to point it out to my bf then that means buy me this purse....... Now what you have to think about is, how practical would this purse be versus a COACH back pack purse that she can use when you ride together. Maybe surprise her with one and if she is not happy then she can always exchange it for what she wants. Just so everyone knows, I really buy my own purses but my bikes are a different story....
laugh.gif

m_7e91384ca72b4edf0b955f2306350c39.jpg

Back