House Fire Pics

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
My neighbor owns this house across the street and donated it to the county for training. Well, they have been training in the house all week. Fire fighters and police everywhere in and out of the house. It was my understanding that they were going to do a controlled burn tomorrow mid day. Well I walked out my front door and you can see what I see. Someone "arson" lit the fire early and now they are just watching it burn. Kind of scary having that much fire across the street!

HouseFire001.jpg

HouseFire002.jpg

HouseFire006.jpg

HouseFire012.jpg

HouseFire004.jpg

HouseFire023.jpg

Where's the marshmallows?? :laugh:

Seemed like a nice house. :down:

Well... you got some good pics at least. Sucks about their training though.

If they wanted honest training, a surprise fire really is best. I can't remember the last time someone called the fire department with a day and time their house was gonna burn down.

Nope, they were interviewing people trying to find out any info about who may have started it. None of the trainees were on shift so she went up for nothing.

I gaurantee thats what they did!! We never had a schedule for our drills.

Looked like a nice house. Wont it be ironic when they catch the guy who lit it up and he does time for arson only to find out the city was gonna burn it in a few days.

Cool pics but bad idea from your County to burn it. It puts you and your neighbors at an unnecessary risk. I get using it to practice knocking down doors, search and rescue or the police using it for training but it should not have been burned. If burning it was in the plan they would have been better off auctioning off the house and using the money to build a burn tower that can be used over and over again.

Cools pics!! Around here (in the sticks) they do controlled burns of old homes for training purposes often...

Dang I hate to see a good training structure like that go up in flames because of stupid arsonist's. Its really hard now days to get a decent structure to do a live training burn because of DHEC laws, asbestos and all the other crazy stuff rules and regulations. When you get something like that you can do multiple live burns under controlled conditions, sometime its the only time new recruits or rookies get the chance to get in something like that under controlled conditions and actually see how fire behaves under certain conditions. Gotta hate it though, even after the Fire Department got there they had their hands full, surround and drown!

Back