hot bodies sucks!!

Gspot

Registered
i bought the taillight covers for my 12 busa thinking they would look good, i was def wrong!

when i went to go put them on i realized the finish coating was on the inside and that the exterior was a ****ty dull greenish/gray color. i immediately called them, explained the situation, they sent me a return shipping lablel(which took over a week to ship back) and away they went.

needless to say they received them and never got back to me so i emailed them a few days later at which time they told me that they didnt have any in stock and it was gonna take a few weeks to make more. so i call and talk to someone and says the reason they looked like **** was becuase there was 2 protective films on the lenses and i forgot to take one off and he could take it off for me and polish them up to look better and once they were on the bike they would be totally blacked out and be good. so i made the mistake of believing it, they shipped em back, over a week again for it to come in, now its been over 3 weeks ive been waiting.

so i receive them, still look like ****, but i figure ill give them a try and install them anyways. i take tail section back apart, install them, taillight fits good, right signal fits ok after some persuasion and when i get to left it fits like **** and theres a big gap all the way around lense and its not sitting flush with tail. install back on bike and they look like ****, u can see through them, see the screws that hold them on, the foam in tailight, actualy housing. i emailed hotbodies back yesterday and they said thats how its suppose to be. ive seen pictures and never appaeared to be like that. ill see what they say but im sure with their horrible customer service they wont do anything for me and ill be stuck with $90 pieces of ****.

You obviously didn't do your homework on these. They all fit like crap, and only look good from about 3 feet away and further.

I have them, I just deal with it. :banghead:

well on their website the reviews are good, and i was going to leave a ****ty review and it said they read them before posting, so no wonder why there review is a 5 star rating haha.

i didnt see it until after i bought them, i was searching on the install on them because the directions looked like **** and i found out how much they sucked.

i just thought and decent company would have some kind of customer service and they have 0!

Trust me when I say that you will just learn to accept them for fitting like crap. It still makes the tail section look 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better...

get some spray on tint remove your lights clean them up reallly good and then go at it or if you know someone who knows hot to spray get them to do it for you. Let dry re-install call it a day. If you paid via paypal see if they can do something for you. if you used a cc contact them and see if they are willing to jump in and help you out. GL

i used some super glue to make the left lense flush. i think im gonna buy some spray tint and darken the lense up a little bit, but now its supoer glued i might have to paint with it on bike and tape off tail.

Just keep playing with them and you'll get them how you like them. or at least for a little while anyhow.

1.Hot Bodies tail cover w/ VHT sprayed turns
2.LED Smoked Tail & smoked turns
3-4. LED Smoked tail w/ VHT sprayed turns

Even though the sprayed turns look black they light up plenty bright. I prefer the bulged out look out the turns compared to just the flat cover style hot bodies ones.

DSCN8442.jpg

DSCN8723.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

yea, def thanks for the pics, helps alot, i was thinking about just keeping tail and pulling signals back out and smoking them with spray tint. now ive seen it i actually think i like it alot better. did you clear coat them after?

I paid $55 for mine, not sure why you paid double. Should have done more homework I guess. I would send them back.

hotbodies response was :

"Sorry to hear you feel that way I will pass this e-mail over to my production department so they are aware of your feedback."

guess ill spray tint em...

Back