Home

Toyz

Registered
Made it home yesterday took about 6 hours.

I left out Thursday at 6PM and made it to the sheraton hotel in Dallas at 11am Friday. The wife and kids left the day before I did and it took them 22 hours but they had gas on the way and I did not. I used exactly a full tank, and I mean to the tee. I did have 2 5 gallons full in the truck and I also cut one of my garden hoses so I could siphon gas from the bike to the truck but I did not have to tap into any of my xtra gas. We got lucky again and it turned a little more to the East and was not a cat 4 when it made landfall. Our winds around here were 60 to 70 from what I understand. Other than leaves and small debris in the pool everything else seems ok, we never lost power but alot of places in my area did.

I've never seen so much crazy #### in my life on the way up to Dallas. People were out of gas all the way up there. People were asleep at the wheel and you had to go knock on the window to wake them up so they would move up a little. The first 20 miles the traffic was so bad that you moved up just by letting your foot off the brake no need to give it gas because you are not going very far. When they finally opened up the incoming lane to outbound it did seem to help but they took too long to do, funny the mayor and the gov is blaming each other. I had one guy shooting across driving like a maniac but not getting anywhere. He had a huge hole in his exhaust until he did 40 across to the other side because it was moving a bit faster he got a little air and then the muffler broke loose but not completely and he was dragging it...sparks everywhere, I was laughing. My sister and father n law actually had to turn back because they were running out of gas and stuck in the heat. I could not get to them so they came back.

My wife was fueling up and the guy behind her just finished. A man jumped out of a truck grabbed the nozzel (out of line) while his buddy but in line. The guy that was next rammed the #### out of the car that cut in line. She dropped the nozzel and left before it really got ugly. I was not able to leave with them because I was not one of the non-essential people at work that got to leave early that day...bastages. I had to work all night...which was kinda good because I slept for a while that day and left that evening so I was ok staying up all night driving.

Leaving
100_0245.jpg

Early Friday morning
100_0263.jpg

Gas station on the way...very few still had gas and the ones that did had lines like this
100_0267.jpg

100_0266.jpg

Huntsville prison
100_0268.jpg

Secured bike
100_0265.jpg

Hotel room view
100_0269.jpg

Dayum, that's a bit of a line for gas. Glad yall made it through OK.

Glad it wasn't that bad. Horrible to see all that going on here in the U.S., but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. At least your back home safe.

Glad you are okay. That one pic with Busa looking into mirror through back window reminds me of ride home with my new purchase. Kept reminding me I had precious cargo.:)

Back