HMF slip-on install

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
So i finally decide to brave the cold and go out to my garage to finish up my 04'. I install the pair valve blockoffs, i still felt warm so i kept going.  I grabbed the box with the HMF dual highmount slip-ons in it. I thought, hmm; there just slip-ons no problem. HA! I was wrong. First off, right before i just finished installing the tail section and undertail. It was all together. Then, when i was inspecting all the parts from HMF, i noticed the hangers that bolt-on BEHIND the pass peg brackets. Yep, behind the brackets that are under the tailsection i just installed.  I should of stopped there, but i felt warm still so i kept going. Well i thought i was warm.  

Just some FYI, HMF sends NO instructions with their kits, atleast not this one. It's not that difficult to figure out, but still.   After 20 minutes of trying this way and that, it started to come together, one side atleast. I stood back and admired the highmount look, i felt slightly warm so i kept going.  5 minutes later my hands start to just not work right from the cold. Another 5 minutes and my nose starts running, it won't stop and now my hands have a mind of their own. I can visualize what i need to do, but my hands end up trying other stuff. By this time i can't feel anything, my nose is a river and now the cold is creeping up my back.  (I'm usually alright at wrenching and can usually do an install like this in a short amount of time.)   I said "screw it" and went inside. Now my wrenching session has left me with a runny nose, sniffling, just plain cold and a slight headache.  Did i mention that i hate winter?

I'm ready for spring.  
brave.gif

number one reason I got a garage with the house this time. I've worked in the cold under a car port for years. I hate this cold crap too. Get a drink
beerchug.gif

i hate winter as well!! I rent a garage in my apt. complex here but is not insulated, have to have two heaters on just to tolerate the cold!!
beerchug.gif

(kairles @ Jan. 19 2007,06:34) mine came with instructions. you can kinda see them in this pic
Do you have your passenger peg mounts on?

Come on GM, go out there and take a picture so we can criticize your work. I think it is worth your risk of frost bite for us to check it out, right.
ghostface.gif

No shib, take your cold arse out side (maybe with gloves and a jacket this time) and take some pics!!!!
lurk.gif

it does take a bit of fiddleing to get them positioned just right and out far enough to not rub....i added extra washers on left side and also used a pry bar once it was installed (with a towel to not scratch) and tweeked when it needed it....also its a huge plus to have it up off the ground and with dogbone off...so you can move swingarm up and down to verify no rub

(kairles @ Jan. 20 2007,00:38)
(GMbusa @ Jan. 19 2007,19:07)
(kairles @ Jan. 19 2007,06:34) mine came with instructions. you can kinda see them in this pic
no I left them off.

Instructions

page 1

page 2
Okay, this is a first I've seen.

In the pic they show two maroon/black CF cans that match the 06' maroon/black perfectly but I don't see these on their website for the dual high mount system.

What gives?
rock.gif

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 20 2007,10:04)
no I left them off.

Instructions

page 1

page 2

In the pic they show two maroon/black CF cans that match the 06' maroon/black perfectly but I don't see these on their website for the dual high mount system.

What gives?
rock.gif
Look on page 10 of their catalog for color options.
CLICKY

(Pipefighter248 @ Jan. 20 2007,07:08)
no I left them off.

Instructions

page 1

page 2

What gives?
rock.gif
CLICKY
Thanks PF,

Just saw it in their catalog as well. It's actually red/black but because of the CF meshing it makes it look like a darker red than it actually is.

They don't have it as an option from the order page, however.
rock.gif

rock.gif

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 20 2007,10:flamethrowing:)
(Pipefighter248 @ Jan. 20 2007,07:08)
no I left them off.

Instructions

page 1

page 2

What gives?
rock.gif
CLICKY
Thanks PF,

Just saw it in their catalog as well. It's actually red/black but because of the CF meshing it makes it look like a darker red than it actually is.

They don't have it as an option from the order page, however.
rock.gif
If interested in ordering call and talk to Justin.
He has always treated me good.
You can also contact some of the site sponsors.

rock.gif

Back