Hit a Deer this morning

Macfast

Never Forgotten
What a way to start the day. On the way to work I hit another deer, That makes 4 deer with this truck in 8 years. Oh the pleasures of living in the sticks. Truck is still driveable front corner messed up fender, door ,grill, headlight.
Bambi really get me MAD sometimes. Thats at least $500 out of pocket.
It seems like it always something  
guns.gif

Man i hate to hear that, but did you a least get the deer to make some deer sausage.

I hit two this year. By the time I hit either on I was under 20mph. did both time did about 400 dollars worth of damage. I know your pain.

About two weeks ago I dropped off some friends at their house just after midnight. My wife and counted 15 deer between their house and ours (a stretch of about six miles). I hit one on my VSTAR in January 07. Luckiest day of my life. No damage to the bike and I had a sore leg for about three weeks. It's getting scary out there
rock.gif

I'm glad to hear you are OK.
smile.gif

Glad to hear it wasn't worse Mac. Deer can make a mess out of things.

They can be real dangerous, and even fatal to hit. Mine are so tame they will let me come right up to them sometimes.
Here's a couple of small ones from a couple of years back that got to be my friends.
These two used to follow me around in the yard like puppies, pretty cool

8_6_05__0009.JPG

hate to hear about your bad luck...my Dad lives out in the MS backwoods, he picked up some little gadgets that mount to the front of his vehicles that whistle when you are driving and said it has really helped...pm me if you want more info and i'll ask him exactly what the thing is and where he got them
beerchug.gif

I love deer.......they taste great.

Sorry to hear of your collision. I would see how much difference you insurance would be if you lowered you deductible versus paying $500 every time you hit a deer.

Deer.jpg

They can be real dangerous, and even fatal to hit. Mine are so tame they will let me come right up to them sometimes.
Here's a couple of small ones from a couple of years back that got to be my friends.
These two used to follow me around in the yard like puppies, pretty cool
See THOSE deer Darrell!! Those are SMALL deer up there... down here those would be MONSTERS!!

Our Deer down here look like large dogs... you can hit one of ours and keep on going...

Ouch!, yup deer are evrywhere it seems. Better with the truck than a Busa. ( trust me, I know )
rock.gif

I've often wondered if those deer whistles actually work or if they are just a scam.

I've often wondered if those deer whistles actually work or if they are just a scam.
Two years ago when I was getting an estimate to repair my truck. I asked the guy at the body shop the same thing he took me around back and showed me a 6 month old truck totaled from a deer with them whistles on the bumper.
That was my answer about the whistles.
At least Im OK and it was'nt on the Busa. Time and money , seems it always comes down to that.
Thanks for hearing me out
 KILL BAMBI!!!!
guns.gif

Back