Hillary's replacement

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Pro-gun US Senate pick makes some NY pols unhappy
January 24, 2009 6:51 AM EST
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. - If Gov. David Paterson thought announcing his choice to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton in the U.S. Senate after nearly two months of deliberation would bring an end to the political strife, he was clearly mistaken.

Even before the governor took the podium Friday to introduce little-known upstate Rep. Kirsten Gillibrand as his pick, a Long Island congresswoman elected on a pledge to stem gun violence was telling reporters she would either challenge Gillibrand in the Democratic primary next year or find someone who would.

"I don't think someone with a 100 percent NRA rating should be the next senator from New York," said Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, who ran for Congress after her husband was killed and son wounded in the 1993 Long Island Rail Road shooting massacre. "The majority of New Yorkers believe in trying to reduce gun violence."

After the announcement, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, in a lukewarm endorsement of Gillibrand, noted his "strong disagreement with one area of her record as a member of Congress: illegal guns."

The Democrat-turned-Republican-turned-independent mayor, who has been one

:banghead:
Yeah I like that one...somebody who believes in the 2nd amendment has
no business in congress (upholding the constitution)...what a tool.

Here's the link for Carofrikenlyn's website and views on gun control
Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy : OntheIssues : Gun Safety
I see she's spewing the rheteric of the dreaded "ASSUALT WEAPONS BAN"
and Ccccuuurbing crime...even though less than 1% of gun crime is commited
with the evil black rifles and the ban is truely truely not worth the paper it is
in written on, it does NOTHING...just feel good propaganda and ANYBODY who
is for it or thinks it's a good idea...well, the IDIOT light just lit perminately over
their head.

New York, Illinois and California...if we somehow get them to merge and push
them out into the ocean to form their own country...the rest of US might
actually start to make sense and get some real things moving in the right
direction.

Last edited:
I also love the line from her website...
She can think of no legitimate reason for civilians to have access to military-style weapons that are useless for recreational activities and only serve the purpose of furthering unwanted criminal activity.

Useless recreational activities...hmmm... spending the day shooting with my
Son is useless...Reminds me of the doobie brother's song, "what a fool believes"

IMG_0141.jpg

Back