High speed dirt bike!

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
Since I married the preacher’s daughter I spend a lot of Sunday mornings going to church and today was no exception.  I always say a little prayer for safe riding while I’m there
smile.gif

Anyhow, this afternoon I’m just sitting around and my wife doesn’t have any honey dews for me so I decide to go for a ride!  I do my normal - be fairly slow until you get outta town – which is tough for me because it’s about 25 miles to my favorite road.  I get there, turn the corner and go for it like the 4000 mile (mostly work commuting) Busa riding expert that I am.  6th gear is my friend and I am eating up this road like never before - for about 15 minutes then I come up on a line of three cars going up a long hill.  I figure I’ll pick a couple off, pull in, slow down before the hillcrest.  Well I fly past the first two and decide I can’t get he last one before I get to the top of the hill so I pull in behind the last one.  Ummmm, he doesn’t seem to be moving at ALL…..  Hit brakes – ummm, that’s not going to help….  Check other lane ummm, car coming over hill now….  Check dash for my ejector button and PRAY my parachute is packed right.  Nope haven’t installed that mod yet.  Whelp as they say in poker, I’ve only got one out and I pray for an ace of hearts on the river.  I check the speedo one last time to see if I’m going to DIE or just be horribly crippled for the rest of my life.  ONE HUNDERD TWENTY as I pull the Busa into the grass to the right of the car that must be almost stopped ready to pull off to take a pee or something….  Steady, steady, little wobble (NO BRAKES AND STAY ON THE GAS), little wobble, pass car….   Ease back onto road…….  WOW I’M STILL ALIVE.  Downshift; go go go my heart is still pounding….  Should I pull over and check my shorts???   I think I’ll take it a little slower for a few miles  
wow.gif

Wow that sucks. I'm glad you made it around and back on the road. I did the same thing on my old 600 but at a much lower speed. I came up on traffic that had stopped so some guy could make a left turn. When I noticed that they had stopped it was to late. I got on the brakes, locked up the rear tire but there was no way I was going to stop. I got off the brakes and headed down into the dirt. I stayed off the brakes and coasted to a stop after passing three cars. It was time to head back home after that one.

I offroaded my busa once already but luckily I wasn't goin' anywhere near that fast. Still caused pucker factor to go through the roof! I was pullin' chunks of seat cover outta my ass for about an hour afterwards. Can't imagine doin' it at triple digits! Hope I never have to see what that's like!
drooling3.gif

Glad you pulled it off, man. That could've been U-G-L-Y!
biggrin.gif

Glad you're all safe, Eats!

So what have we learned from this little excursion?

Put "Z" rated all-purpose tires on your Busa!!
wink.gif

But really though...I'm glad you're safe...

Wow man ... that had to have been some scary sh&% ... glad you kept your cool and made it through safely.

DJ

well sounds like that was quite a scare!!!!!
wow.gif

No more passing at triple digits when you can't see the road ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
AAAssjani.gif

I think I'll make that my new motto and get Mikey D to sew it on my riding glove so I can remember.............

VERY nicely done! Glad it worked out well. I bet the traffic thought you had it all perfectly under control. Busa Reputation upped 5 points. Now, never do that again!
smile.gif

Thank God bro, could very well have been that prayer at church
and another one from the preacher's daughter. Glad everything
worked okay for ya. Something from the father above to say
slow it down a bit my son. God bless.

No more passing at triple digits when you can't see the road ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
AAAssjani.gif

I think I'll make that my new motto and get Mikey D to sew it on my riding glove so I can remember.............
Been there Lett're!

Ask thrasher bout my off road experience!

Send me the gloves!

wow.gif
just think if you would have hit a jump at that speend then the busa would have caught some serious AIR !!

I'm trying not to think about that too much  
laugh.gif
  I do know I learned a lesson which I hope I LIVE by............

WOW! I am so glad you made it through that to tell us about it...that had to be terrifying...
wow.gif

I learned this past weekend that I don't take the pucker factor very well at all...I nearly lost it on a tight turn with tons of gravel and sand in the turn...I felt myself just staring down at the road long enough to scare myself to death, then looked ahead and got through the turn...and that was only going about 40 mph!!!

120!! Ummmm...can I borrow that golden horseshoe?!
smile.gif

Sounds like the pucker factor was a little high on that one Let'er...I've had to pull off the road a few times myself and wait for my body to stop shaking...glad you came out on top though, be safe!

Back