high horsepower bikes

brad

Registered
The members with high horsepower bikes are you running the stock cam chain.
At what point is it recommended to change the cam chain to something stronger if available, or is the stock chain good to 300, 400, 500hp.

Please advise.

Thank you
brad

I would guess on stock cams a stock chain would do. I have seen 30,000 miles on a stock cam chain and others on this board i'm sure have seen many more. Hot Rod cams may need the stronger chain.

I would agree. if you're running stock cams. I run .415/.395 webs, so I also changed out my sprockets and chain with APE parts, sense I was already in the engine, just to be on the safe side.

I would agree. if you're running stock cams. I run .415/.395 webs, so I also changed out my sprockets and chain with APE parts, sense I was already in the engine, just to be on the safe side.

+1 :thumbsup:

And toss in some billet chain guides.

I have a 1397 sitting at about 212hp, I have 395/395 cams in it. I asked the builder the same qustion, because my buddie said somthing about it. You will be fine with out it, but if your cam chain has 30,000 miles on it I would replace it. Not saying a stronger one either. save the money for the hd valve springs!:whistle:

Back