Higgs-Boson Particle Discovered

There going to have to rewrite school books after this one...

First, no Pluto, now this :laugh: When I was in school, we didn't even know the term "quarks" either...

I can't keep up :banghead:

There going to have to rewrite school books after this one...

First, no Pluto, now this :laugh: When I was in school, we didn't even know the term "quarks" either...

I can't keep up :banghead:

Pluto what's that? :dunno:

pluto1.jpg

Possibly one day develop better Higgs-Boson detection equipment, learn to isolate the particle then manipulate to such affects as being able to increase or decrease mass in an object. This would relate to more efficient means to transport/move goods due to a decrease in mass thereby using less energy. Think about a fully loaded 40 ton tractor trailer weighing only 5 tons during transport, less mass means less fuel consumed.

Flying saucers? Reduce their mass to nothing and fly away. Or maybe reduce the reciprocating mass of the spinning motor to 0 .......

I'm voting number 2.
To predict one maybe but I dont think they could just guess exact location and draw accurate representations of them. And of we were on second or third go round than I think there would be more left over from that if it was a technologically advanced civilization. Kinda like planet of the apes where Heston comes across ancient advanced things.

I did just spend some time reading about this guy at CERN who created the worldwide web.
The Wikipedia page on that is a great read of its history and how we got to where it is now.

History of the World Wide Web - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't know this?

i'll take number 2 also.

I couldn't help but notice all the qualifiers they used when talking about the discovery. You know the words like Higgs-boson like action. almost like it was still waiting peer review. Could this be one of those oops I guess we were wrong we need to keep looking. After all the first rule of science is "Don't fool your self."

I couldn't help but notice all the qualifiers they used when talking about the discovery. You know the words like Higgs-boson like action. almost like it was still waiting peer review. Could this be one of those oops I guess we were wrong we need to keep looking. After all the first rule of science is "Don't fool your self."

Well to be honest they are only 99% sure that it is a higgs-boson (if it walks like a duck…). They stated that they still have to thoroughly review the findings before they can 100% say for sure it is.

Flying saucers? Reduce their mass to nothing and fly away. Or maybe reduce the reciprocating mass of the spinning motor to 0 .......

This may be how they acquire near light speed travel in regular space since the closer you travel to light speed the more mass you acquire hence exponentially the more energy you need. A theoretical higgs-boson “mass-effect field” would negate or circumvent the normal laws of physics up to a point.

Back