HID question

Lucky34

Registered
I was just wondering how fragile HID kits are on bikes. Would riding on a bumpy road affect them too much? how about hitting a hard bump or something? or doing wheelies and coming down hard? Just curious if anyone here with HID's has tested how much abuse they can take. Are they more fragile than stock, or about the same?

86, I'd say they're tough.
SHOCKED.gif

Secure the Ballast and igniter and you shouldn’t have any problem there. If it is the bulb itself you are worried about. It should be sturdier than the OEM Halogen. The halogen has a filament that is fairly fragile. The HID creates an arc between two electrodes. The glass would be the weak link.

My HID has 6000 miles and over 100 passes at the drag strip.
race.gif

live here in michigan and most everyone knows i roads suck and i do wheelies and have a big pot hole once.
no problems to report
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
thanks for the info guys. It was more balast / igniter that I was worried about. And wheelies
smile.gif
I'm really going to try to keep my front wheel down, but these literbikes are insane.... they love to stand up
wow.gif

My bike is lowered and the roads around here SUCK!!

I realized recently that the tape on my balast had come loose (my fault) and it was not secure.

No problems at all it is still burning bright.

Contact member Big George for some HID love.

yup... i'm waiting on that group buy thing...
beerchug.gif
I wish I could get the high and low beam for the gixxer... but BigG said he could only get the H7 and 9007 bulbs... i need an H7 and HB3
sad.gif

(Busaman86 @ Feb. 03 2007,20:17) yup... i'm waiting on that group buy thing...
beerchug.gif
I wish I could get the high and low beam for the gixxer... but BigG said he could only get the H7 and 9007 bulbs... i need an H7 and HB3
sad.gif
Well, in my opinion if the bulb will mount in the hole it shouldnt matter the number when doing HID.

I'm try your busa kit on the other bike it might work with some wire cutting.

Back