HID problem

justin726

Registered
I bought the 5000K kit form XenonKing about 2 months ago. I installed the kit and for the first few weeks everything worked great. Then once in a while I noticed that after I started the bike up the HID would be off. I had to turn the key off, turn it back on, and refire the bike and the light would stay on. This problem started to happen more and more. The light would come on with the key, but then flicker a little durring the starting proces and then shut off before the engine was started.

I emailed XenonKing and he said I was going to need a wiring harness which looks to be about $28 bucks. Well, now here lately, the HID won't stay lit through the starting process AT ALL. I went for a ride yesterday and the only time the HID was on was between the time I turned the key on and before the bike was running. It didn't stay lit once. Sounds like my problem is getting worse. I'm not sure if a harness will solve the problem. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has run into the problem of having a bulb tha never fires. I've seen a few similar threads about flickering bulbs, but not quite like this. I'm going to be emailing XenonKing here shortly to see what he says to. I like this bulb soo much, I really want it working.

I have had no problems with mine. Did you recheck your connections and such?

moved to tech.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131203717 -->

if you just bought it then you should be covered by the warranty..... even the bulb has a one year warranty...or so I was told.
wink.gif

start by checking your connections. personally i dont think a wire harness will solve your problem. and the harness that xenonking sendt us - we had to modify anyways. but it sounds like a bulb, ballast or ignitor problem to me.

btw on my 05, the bulb always turns off during the starting process to reduce the load on the battery...

if you have a meter - try to trace the exact point (device) in which you lose power...

PimpN

help is on the way busa brother!!! I had the same problem. My HID would only stay on after I had rode for over an hour!! The light would flicker, never come on....I feel your pain.

My answer.....switch for the head light. I wired in a simple switch on the ground side of the balist box. Leave the light off when starting and then switch it on once the bike is started.

It know it doesnt fix the starting problem but it makes the light work.

Let me know what you think.
Josh

I actually have thought of doing a switch. I figured that would byass the problem. I wasn't exactly sure where to wire it in though, so that's part of the reason I've held off on it. Plus, I hate doing my own fix to this unit when it cost me over $160 or so. For that price, I'm expecting the unit to work right. So I'll wait to talk to XenonKing's tech guy on Monday and see what he says before I start doing my own thing. If I do end up doing a switch, I may PM you to find out exactly how you did this. Thanks.

My light just started doing this after almost a year! Just shut it off and turn it back on and wallah, it works again! I don't like that so I'm going to install a Switch.... Josh did this cure the problem on your bike?

Hey Josh, can you let us know what kind of switch you use also.  Any other detail about the install would be great (which wire to put the switch on).  Any pics? Thanks in advance.

<!--EDIT|justin726
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131366887 -->

Back