Hi Torque Starter options??? SBD looks awesome!!!

Johnny Venomous

Registered
Hi Torque Starter options??? Brise looks awesome!!!

Saw the SBD or Brise.co.uk Hi Torque Starter from the UK and it looks awesome (350 Euro ouch). Anybody know if someone in the US sells something like this at a decent price. I think this is the perfect fix for the Hayabusa starter problems, plus it has a sprag clutch built into it for safety.

STR-BUSA-02.gif

I haven't but I may look into it. It takes my bike like 10 cranks to start. You hope it starts on the first try, cus if it has to crank 10 more times there's like a 50/50 chance the battery won't have enough juice to start it. Have to keep it on the trickle charger everyday because if the battery isn't at FULL power, forget riding for that day. I hate it. I need to upgrade the starting system.

I never have a problem with mine.hasnt been on a charger all year and it cranks right over.I think the stock starters delam inside and the magnets fall off.When I got mine, the starter was shot from delamming.Another issue is the small cable to the starter.

What works best do you think? I'm all ears. I'd love to have the issue fixed once and for all.:please:

I have modified what Tiger Racing was offering, with heavier amp relays, and a different battery.
The system charges the second battery, and has work flawless, since i added the auto charging to it!
The cost is under $200, plus your labor to in stall it!
I also have upgraded the main battery to a better one!

As for the high torque starter, im sure you will need a better battery also. But the only real way to fix the solution is to to it once!
What works best do you think? I'm all ears. I'd love to have the issue fixed once and for all.:please:

Never had issues with starter on mine and unless the battery is on the way out it starts quickly cold or hot.

Stock bore, JE flat top pistons, better valve springs, external walbro pump setup on a 99 tank. The motor is a 2006, 2006 electronics, but I've been having the same starter issues since I had the 99 engine in it. So it's pretty much either just a Busa thing or a 99 tank thing because that's about the only thing that hasn't changed lol.

I thought all that would go away when I got the 06 motor, with the newer starter, gears, etc. but nope! I mean, the bike starts and runs fine if I have it on a charger all night every night, but the battery runs down quick trying to crank over. I'll take a video of the bike starting when I get back from vacation. Takes like 5 seconds, when other bikes start as soon as the button is hit.

Is it worth the effort to run a larger dia / gage wire to the starter? I have a taller battery...it fits under the seat but it is a different part# than stock calls for....2007 model

Is it worth the effort to run a larger dia / gage wire to the starter? I have a taller battery...it fits under the seat but it is a different part# than stock calls for....2007 model
Larger cable can handle more current and to save a starter, it needs plenty of current to turn properly.Can always have the statot rewound with bigger windings to make a larger field.Not sure really as mine starts fine hot or cold.

Hi!

This is what i´m looking at at the moment
EXT-10035 Extreme Heavy Duty Starter Motor

I bought a -00 last april and it didn´t take long before it started to have kickbacks, the previous owner shot a starter in -09 and bought one from ebay.
I started with getting a shorai battery and then this Extreme Billet Starter Cover and Idler Gear Hayabusa | Race Car and Motorcycle Performance Engine Parts

But i still have that loud clonk when starting sometimes, starter isn´t turning slow or anything and it always start within 3 turnes, i´m starting to wonder if i just should get rid of the bike or spend even more money just to get it to start without me risking a heartattack everytime. I also have the heavy duty starter pins and the case saver installed but this ain´t no fun anymore :banghead:

Back