HF Wheel chock

billyerds01

Registered
Can anyone tell me if they made a custom quick release for the Harbor Freight (U.S. General) wheel chock. I see a bunch of people use them on this site. I just bought one the other day and need to mount it in my enclosed trailer. If anyone has any pics on how they mounted it, or a custom quick release idea thats similar to the condor quick release would be cool.

No quick release that I can think of. I got two of them and drilled four holes to the floor of my trailer for both and mounted them. I agree that it would be nice to be able to have a quick way to take them off the floor for garage use too... but nothing so far!

Not a bad chock for the money.
Lots of those chocks selling at HF
quick release hardware for that chock is a money maker.

The HF is the only chock I've owned, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by "quick release" in this context. What exactly is it supposed to release?

I have this one on my trailer - The ultimate Wheel Chock System at MotorcycleJacks.com
it's alot more expensive than the HF one, but only 2 nuts to take off and remove it.

I have the HF one mounted to my lift. They are different in the way they mount. I didnt use the black plate on my HF one mounted on the lift, if I remember right, the chock mounts to the plate, then the plate to whatever? Should only be 4 bolts to remove it and leave the plate.

If you catch these chocks on sales @ HF they are between $29 & $39 with 2 bikes that are either garaged or trailer-ed I opted to by 4 which still was cheaper than the $250 model JMO

You can build your own. Just install a 1/2 anchor in the floor of your trailer, use a short 1.25 inch bolt. Carry the appropriate socket and you can have them off the trailer in less than a minute. Or, you can install a bolt from the underside, line up the holes, use a washer and cotter pin and you are in business. The only downside to that is you have have the bolt stud sticking up when you remove the chock.

Back