Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go again

Welcome aboard... Be safe no matter what you get... Not always is it the bike you ride.. It's the damn Cages driving around you that you have to watch for.

Besides it usually isn't speed that kills, it's the sudden stop!
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143736391 -->

welcome

I wish I had bought the busa for my first bike. I took the "safe" route and bought a ninja 636 for my first one. The 636 is a great bike but for comfort and enjoyable riding, the busa is king. Now I have to sell my 636
sad.gif
... I thought about keeping it and be a two bike guy but the boss told me no!! ... should I listen to her or not?

Busa's are fast but you can kill yourself on most any bike ... people get killed on peddle bikes.

Just be careful ... and above all respect its power.

ndn

Welcome to the board  

smile.gif
just so I have a better understanding of your frist post..
is the busa you,re frist bike??

As far as assuming speed is all that is desired........ (and I realised you have not stated this)....  I have to disagree.. sure, most of the members here may have bought their busa because it is the fastest road production bike available.
But I seriously do not think speed was the main factor in their decision to buy  the busa.
For me anyhow, and I'm sure this would be the same for most of the members on this board.  It has been an evolutionary thing..
Which brings me back to my frist question!!!!!

You are right, common sense is what's needed, when it comes to riding any motorcycle.

I've always believed that as long as the brain engages before the gear dose and a sense of responsibility is taken and Respect for the bike you're about to ride, whether it be a busa or a mini Moto.
All will be fine.
+1
once u learn the throttle works both ways, u'll be alright
the Busa can put around town like a scooter
twist the throttle & yank ur arms out
just take it easy

congrats and welcome and curiousity has me...9 times...care to explain if you are willing to share?

the busa is the most comfortable rocket to ride and it has the looks to. just remember it is still a missle with wheels. keep the rubber side down. and have fun.
vader1.gif

Get one, you won't be sorry...the busa can be anything you want it to be...it's a real pussycat around town and a great touring bike to...it will do twisties (my personnel favorite) and never let you down reliability wise.

On the other hand this bike is can get you in deep if you don't think before you twist the go fast handle...9 times..you sound like that sort that could use a bit of an escape and the busa is the best bike to do it on...go for it!
smile.gif

I love my Busa, but I'm glad it wasn't my first bike. Speed is speed as everyone pointed out, but reaction time is a killer. IMHO, riding is a perishable skill that must be learned and maintained through repetition. Not just the physical act of twisting the throttle, but the mental act of judging entry and exist speeds through corners, picking your line and being able to maintain it. Throttle control, not speed control. Remembering cars blind spots and the dreaded "left hand turn". I've personally known two riders get killed from cars making left hand turns in front of them. For me, it's to the point I actually give a "left hand turner" a helmet nod for seeing me. To me, riding is more of a skill factor and less of a maturity level. Everyone has their own opinion and experience. The Busa is a very ride-able motorcycle, surprisingly so, but also deceivingly so.

Just a quick story. While I was stationed in England, I noticed there were far more bikers than I ever saw here in the states. Well, while hanging out at the local pub for the biker gathering every Wednesday night, they told me that gas, being almost $6.00 a gallon forced more people to more economical transportation. The British government recognized this and spent mass amounts of money for motorcycle awareness campaigns and in studying motorcycle accidents. Getting to the point of the story, the government discovered, that by graduating riders to higher cc'd bikes after a pre-specified period of experience time saved a lot of lives. Surprisingly, just about every rider I rode with supported this law, and couldn’t fathom anyone letting a brand new rider walk into a dealer and ride off with a liter bike. Different cultures, but something to think about. Good luck.

Cheers

Welcome aboard!!!!! Just remember the throttle works both ways!!!!!
cool.gif

Top Bottom