Here is my attempt at the license plate bracket.

Good job bro! That looks so much better!
beerchug.gif

Proffesional.

I'm going out to the garage to re-evaluate what I have done. You have raised the bar.

I did not know you did that type of work but I will remember for the next project. I was hoping to make it of of aluminum and use single led's mounted about the plate.

Where did you get the LED Tag bols they are nice

Ok Mid- now run copies of the paper template, get some stamps and get ready to mail it out...I'll be the first one to ask for one
ThumbsUp.gif
OR I could you could just Jpeg. the template? ANybody know if it wold come out sized? I guess you would just have to measure it to make sure the dimensions are the same...
winkold.gif

I did not know you did that type of work but I will remember for the next project. I was hoping to make it of of aluminum and use single led's mounted about the plate.

Where did you get the LED Tag bols they are nice
The LED bolts are Bolt-FX accent lighting and seem to be made by Street FX. I purchased them from my local motorcycle show named Motovation Cycles, $16.99 and they do take phone orders I believe. There number is 301 472-1811 open Tue. thru Sat. hours 9:00 till 6:00 Sat. 9:00 till 2:00.

Ok Mid- now run copies of the paper template, get some stamps and get ready to mail it out...I'll be the first one to ask for one
ThumbsUp.gif
OR I could you could just Jpeg. the template? ANybody know if it wold come out sized? I guess you would just have to measure it to make sure the dimensions are the same...
winkold.gif
I can check with my daughter and see if she can put it in a PDF file. I think you can print it out and it will remain the correct size, like printing a standard form. I really think it needs to be redone in AutoCad or some drawing program but I am more than willing to use this one.

This is an exceptionally cool modification, and another outstanding example of a grass-roots initiative where an actual owner designs a small goody for the K8 community that does an excellent job.

I have one comment that I'll offer up.....
cool.gif

I think the final angle of the license plate should be "swept back" a little bit more, and not quite as straight "up-n-down" as you have it currently. The increased angle would keep the look a little more along the flowing K8 body lines.

Below I've drawn a yellow line to depict the angle coming off the the tail bodywork. I tried to match the final angle of my license plate bracket to mirror this, and I think it came out fairly well:

license_angle.jpg

I have been holding off doing a tail mod waiting for a good one to come out that was plug and play and legal with a light.
I think this combined with the Custom Dynamics LED integrated frame in black would do the trick. Probably splice the end connector off the stock light and make it plug up to the bike  
cool.gif

backing_plate_black.jpg

This is an exceptionally cool modification, and another outstanding example of a grass-roots initiative where an actual owner designs a small goody for the K8 community that does an excellent job.

I have one comment that I'll offer up.....
cool.gif

I think the final angle of the license plate should be "swept back" a little bit more, and not quite as straight "up-n-down" as you have it currently. The increased angle would keep the look a little more along the flowing K8 body lines.

Below I've drawn a yellow line to depict the angle coming off the the tail bodywork. I tried to match the final angle of my license plate bracket to mirror this, and I think it came out fairly well:
I agree with you 100% but for right now I tried to keep the angle with the ends of the exhaust. I think with the stock exhaust the angle looks better than matching the angle of the tail light. Either way I think it looks great.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back