help

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Couple of wires touched in the rear. Now I have no dash lights,horn,brake or rear running lights ...also the gauges are not working. Found the fuse box but don't Amy but the fan,ignition,an headlights. Is there another fuse panel I am on the road an not near my manual :down:
Posted via Mobile Device

You checked all the fuses located under the inner panel under the clutch lever side right? Looking at the service manual now.

Yeah. But there is only 6 fuses in the box an. 2 spares going to try an make it home like it is an deal with this tomorrow, but if that's all the fuses there that means I fried something important. Amd with a 75 cycle ride on Sunday this weekend is starting. To turn to crap before it even starts.
Posted via Mobile Device

does the bike turn over? could of fried the main fuse the signal rear licence plate lights are all on the same fuse circuit

does the bike turn over? could of fried the main fuse the signal rear licence plate lights are all on the same fuse circuit

Update... Bike runs an everything just the gauges are completely dead no light an no movement from the needles/ no horn/no brake or rear running lights. As I previously said I had an exposed positive wire get grounded out in the rear that was the wire for my license plate light.

I ran a quick bypass to the rear lights from the battery ( with an inline fuse of course) to just get home. Weird thing I was just hoping to get some rear lights but when I ran the bypass to rear lights everything came back, gauges worked lights on the cluster brake an running lights. Made it home hopefully get it fixed tomorrow somehow but push comes to shove she is doing that group ride bypassed on Sunday:laugh:

She can hate me on Monday if she likes :rofl:

Is there a relay that blown that would cause that? You back fed the circuit from the battery.

There is 1 fuse for all of those things. When you put your bypass wire on, you powered the entire circuit again. Replace the SIGNAL fuse and a should be well.

There is 1 fuse for all of those things. When you put your bypass wire on, you powered the entire circuit again. Replace the SIGNAL fuse and a should be well.

yeah i figured that out after an our search:laugh: I had tested all the fuses with a test light an my old man ( the tech ) in the family came over an said to check them with a volt meter they could be bad an still light up a test light an pass the visual inspection.:banghead: If they wanted to put all that stuff on 1 fuse they should have wrote on the panel:laugh: Oh well my baby is back :laugh: an ready rock tomorrow morning pics will be coming :beerchug:

o.k by the battery tray on the stator side is another fuse, and did you check the blubs, they could have blown

solved thank you all for those that .answered...

yeah found the mains, didn't even know those were there. :whistle: it was that dumb little turn signal fuse in the front :laugh:

Back