Help with front wheel swap

JohnnyDangerous

Registered
Guys Ive found a couple of threads dealing with putting a GSXR front wheel in, I want a wider choice of discs. One had the photos removed the other the OP was PM'd the info I need and im not sure that guy is still here, basically I understand its just spacers needed, someone must do those over the counter! Can anyone help.

Hi mate , I am not up to speed on this change , be interesting to see what is needed . Are you after lighter weight discs , so for the wheel swap over ?

Hi mate , I am not up to speed on this change , be interesting to see what is needed . Are you after lighter weight discs , so for the wheel swap over ?
No but the weight loss is a bonus, purely to run bigger discs, the Busa has its own unique bolt pattern and I can only get Brembo in 310mm, with GSXR rim I can go 310/20/30

Ductile iron is said to provide slightly better braking performance than stainless . Stainless is obviously very good , and is weather resistant , the ductile iron will surface rust out in weather . Ductile iron discs are also said to be marginally lighter than Stainless discs of exact same size , but we are talking a few grams at best .
The 330mm I run are pretty heavy , still comparable to Brembo Supersport . I was optioning T-Drive Brembo for both bikes at different times , 1 model of ZX10R 330mm for my Zed14 , also could of gone with 310mm / 320mm actually made for that bike . I just like the ductile iron USA made items , the way they wash of speed , and they quality .

Here's a few different opinions on ductile iron vs stainless steel . . .
always good getting a wide source of info.

Ductile iron is not cast iron such as the old Ducati Brembo discs , which were at risk of shattering with aggressive pads like HH scintered . You can check out Braketech site to read about the manufacturing of their discs . I think most people will be better off running stainless , because of wear and surface rust , that is why Braketech offer stainless rotors as well .
I guess I am lucky , my bikes are kept indoors when not in use and inspected , cleaned regularly , so ductile is fine for my needs .

Back