HELP!!!!RACE FEUL...

Good point and exactly right....... Turbos use flat dome pistons to decrease compression ratios because of the amount of air/fuel mix compressed into the cylinder by the turbo. The compression is bumped way up because of the pure volume compressed into the cylinders.

Heat and humidty will kill any motors ETs and MPH ...My 63 super stock car would drop 1.5 in ET in the summer ..Sorry it just a fact of life on any engine... You need to run the best fuel that you can run to just keep it just below spark knock .. If 93 does the job at controlling spark knock stop there ... If 93 is working ok and you jump to 114 it will slow down ..I'm not saying your motor needs 93, your motor with stock compression might need 104 or 116 .. You have to test and find out what works best.. I was running 116 in my super stocker with 14.5.1 compression . One day i went to the track and all they have for sale was 110 ... I added 5 gallons and made a pass and ran the best ET and MPH i have ever run.. ... My turbo bike runs 93 with no problems with stock compression but i only run 9 psi boost... This summer heat has really made my bike run real fat .. I need to pull some jetting out , but even pulling out jetting in this heat it will never run as good as it did in the spring or fall ...Lee..

My dragbike went 9.77 @135 this spring. Now that the heat is here it's running 9.90's at 132. The density altitude goes way up in the summer and will slow you down.

Back