HELP!!!!RACE FEUL...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
This question is on race fuel...Can you run to much and it effect you speed???

The reason I ask is because even though my ET has dropped so has my speed...I realize that weather has gotten warmer but I can't figure out whats going on with the mph loss...Back a few months ago I was getting 121 mph in the 1/8th but my last couple of visits the mph has dropped to about 116...I was running a fuel mix but began to run straight race fuel could that be the problem???Everything else is fine with the bike and I haven't changed anything except the fuel...

Thanks...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119959004 -->

Someone will likely correct me if I am wrong here....

The lower octane fuels actually produce more HP.
The higher octane fuels are less likely to detonate.

The goal is to run the lowest octane you can "safely".

Short answer... Yes.

I do believe that increasing your percentage of high octane fuel can / will result in a lower amount of HP available, thus lower MPH.

But.... what do I know
tounge.gif

as you said warm weather will hurt mph,but a motor mapped for pump gas will run slower with race gas (richer)

best thing to do is make a pass,chop the throttle pull the clutch in kill the motor,pull the plugs out,they will tell the story,anyone can read pig rich (black) or dead lean no color tiny metal balls (detonation) but anything in the middle gets much harder,a plug reader helps, (lighted magnifying glass)

as you said warm weather will hurt mph,but a motor mapped for pump gas will run slower with race gas (richer)
beerchug.gif
 Yep this man knows his stuff. If your bike is mapped on pump or pump/race mix it will slow down with straight race gas (non oxygenated).  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119971779 -->

Isn't race gas oxygenated? That would change the octane effects dramatically and higher octane would then be better.
smile.gif

The question is first off..............Which race gas are you using?
rock.gif

then you can get a correct answer.

The question is first off..............Which race gas are you using?
rock.gif

then you can get a correct answer.
It's called Turbo Blue and is supposed to be 115 octane...I don't know which company actually makes it...We get it here locally from one of the race shops...

best thing to do is make a pass,chop the throttle pull the clutch in kill the motor,pull the plugs out,they will tell the story,anyone can read pig rich (black) or dead lean no color tiny metal balls (detonation) but anything in the middle gets much harder,a plug reader helps, (lighted magnifying glass)
Did that...Dropped a set of plugs in...They were a dark brown...

Someone will likely correct me if I am wrong here....

The lower octane fuels actually produce more HP.
The higher octane fuels are less likely to detonate.

The goal is to run the lowest octane you can "safely".

Short answer... Yes.  

I do believe that increasing your percentage of high octane fuel can / will result in a lower amount of HP available, thus lower MPH.

But.... what do I know
tounge.gif
That's what I'm gooing to do...Going back to the race mix and try that...As heavy as I am I need my MPH back to lower my time...I'm looking to get in the 6.10's if I can get there then I have a 5 sec Busa for sure with a smaller better skilled rider on board...She ran 6.07 w/a better rider and the clutch slipping two Sunday's past...

Stunnah...go back to REGULAR gas. It will probably run better that way than it does with the "mix". Even with a pipe and some mapping, you aren't gainning anything using a mix or racing fuel. The main reason to run race fuel is if you have done internal mods to the motor causing a higher compression.

Stunnah...go back to REGULAR gas. It will probably run better that way than it does with the "mix". Even with a pipe and some mapping, you aren't gainning anything using a mix or racing fuel. The main reason to run race fuel is if you have done internal mods to the motor causing a higher compression.
Don't forget she's boosted...Race mix recommended for higher boost setting to prevent detonation...Just don't need to run straight race fuel it appears...

In that case, try using the highest octane race gas and mix it. That should give you no detonation, but a hotter spark.

stunnah,i am sure that you know dark brown is rich,but since i have no turbo specific tuning knoweledge i wont make any suggestions as to what to do,turbos create a lot of cyl. pressure and the last thing you want is to be lean,good luck

115 Octane is way too much for a turbo......
Turbo's are lower compression motors. Lower than stock. So I would look at running a VP product that falls into the 90-94 octane range. MR1 U4 etc.....
115 Octane is for like a 16:1 compression ratio motor.
Turbo's fall right around stock or lower.

Turbo's are lower compression motors.  Lower than stock.  So I would look at running a VP product that falls into the 90-94 octane range.  MR1  U4 etc.....
Check...No spacer stock compression...

Turbo's are lower compression motors.  Lower than stock.  So I would look at running a VP product that falls into the 90-94 octane range.  MR1  U4 etc.....
when engine is under boost it is like running high compression.run straight race fuel and turn up the boost man.just dont detonate it. VP c-16 is made for turbo engines.

Back