Help me Decide - Don't know what I want to do

• 1. Leave them alone

Votes: 50 100.0%

• Total voters

SpeedAdict

Gabe
Donating Member
Registered
So I am a new father which means I am a broke person. I want to do something with the Busa this winter and I can not decide what to do for free. So I am looking at the exhaust and I am thinkning about cutting the cans in half, or putting some chrome slash cut mids on with a baffle in them for back pressure. Let me know what you think.

DSC_0157__Medium_.jpg

i'm kinda on the fence on this one, either way you go i'm sure it'll come out nice. Good luck!!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

That's how I feel. The only thing that I keep thinking is if I put slash cut mids on I can put the cans back on at some point. If I cut the cans I can't uncut the cans ever. If I leave alone everything will stay shinny. so many desicions.

I would work on a different style mounting loop for the cans and cut the cans down so they're height is inline with the rear tire. Also look into different end caps. For the can loop I would hog out a slot in the middle and add some mesh so it incorporates more with the bike.

go with slash cut mids, BUT...cut the tips jagged to match the barb wire
firedevil.gif

I'd just cut 3" off the pipes. It's not as radical as the other ideas, but it will sound more aggressive and look more integrated with the bike. Short cans are a love/hate thing and this will avoid that. Paint/coat mid-pipes the dark color (is that black?)and modify the loops that hold the cans to match your theme. They could be two layer with alternating jagged edges, for example. Just some ideas.

super.gif
voted leave it alone the bike looks awesome. The painted side covers that come blacked out on the stock set up look
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Thanks for the opinions guys. I don't think I am any closer to a desicion. I might try the slash cut mids (use other pipes for it) then I don't have to permanetly alter the D&D's just yet. I will post pics.

like the slash cuts, i have them now, but like said before give the ends some shape to make the paint

I'd leave it alone and just ride it...no need to chage it just to change something
thumb_up.gif

I have been thinking about short piping mine quite seriously. When you look at them you think to yourself... Damn, that's one long can....

I ride her every day guys but winter mod list is starting to get built. There is a long few months around here in NY where she gets a lot of wax and attention. This is just another thing for me to look at. I really like all the opinions, Revolution thanks for the idea on cutting it jagged to match paint.
beerchug.gif

Back